• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Hello from San Diego

Coravix

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
Just wanted to say Hello and introduce myself. I am very new to BBQ and have just started to discover the delicious yummy goodness of BBQ that I crafted myself. I've always loved (eating) BBQ, and I love to cook so it seemed to me like a good match.

I mostly like to cook for family and freinds (and for me of course!) but as I said I know very little about it, particular competition style. I've picked up a few minor bits of information here and there but I'm still learning. While I understand some terms such as Foil Wrapping (I think I saw it on a Pitmasters show once), I don't necessarily know when it is used, or how to do it correctly so bear with me if I am a little slow on the uptake. :crazy:

From what I have seen lurking on the forums, you all seem like a fun crew and I hope I can learn a lot form all of you. If anyone can recommend a BBQ-101 to learn more of the basics, I'll be your bestest friend forever. :becky:

Thank you for your time and for letting me join your brethern!

-Cor

I am fairly new also, 14 months of smoking on a COS Char Griller. I am a staunch follower of "Amazingribs.com" Meathead can guide you thru it

Very nice site JB! Thank you! :thumb:

Welcome to "The Brethren"!:thumb: What kind of smoker or grill do you have?

Welcome coravix! Send some warm weather our way please. I love San Diego...

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Welcome aboard Cor, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

Don't be afraid to look around and explore the other forums.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Welcome, Cor! You'll pick up the lingo here in no time!!!

Back