Ribs

jsperk

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I posted a question the other day if the ribs I bought were to thin. I cooked them up today.

The end pieces were real thin. Me and my son split a whole St. Louis rack. More than we would usually eat for dinner. But I must say these were some really tasty ribs. The one pic makes them look dry but they were not dry at all.

I will be buying a case of these. For 99 cents a pound they are really worth it.

I cooked indirect on the kettle between 300 and 320 no foil.

Last edited:
Looking real good! Wish I could get my hands on ribs for .99/lb!
I was surprised to find these. This is from a meat market and they trim more off the rib section when they the cut the loin I think they said, so since they are thinner they sell them at a cheaper price. For $2.82 cents for that rack and some trimmings, it's a great deal.

My IBP spares I just trimmed to St. Louis and cooked seemed a little thin. I had better luck with the pre-trimmed Tyson St. Louis I got on sale from Aldi a few weeks ago for $1.99/lb. However, the texture of the meat on these ribs to me tasted better because they weren't "enhanced" with a 10% solution like the Tyson cryos are.

Back