Open a BBQ restaurant, they said. It will be fun, they said

Just in case you don't know, weather for Prized Pig is low teens, and snowing. Unfathomable to me, in Cali.

Have a great opening day, positive vibes coming from warm(75) SoCal.

I'll be in the Chicago area first week of Feb., so another trip north might exceed my winter allowance I set for myself :wink:

Peeps, if you're going to go to the Prized Pig shoot me a message and we'll meet you there :thumb:

Congrats on opening! It has been a long road and a bunch of posts. Glad to hear things have worked out for you.

I hope the town keeps you very busy!

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

epic-win.jpg

OK we just got back from our trip to the Prized Pig :thumb:

I had the Brisket platter

Mama had the pulled pork platter

And the carnage

The food was great to say the least. Great Job Jeremy and crew

My wife said the mac and cheese was the best she ever had and was sad when it was gone :tsk:
The beans, slaw, cornbread, pickles and potato salad were also really good.
Had a sample of his prize winning chilli and that too was just awesome.

I highly recommend any of the Brethren that can, get there and enjoy the fine fare our Brother puts out.

It was so worth the 3+ hour round trip for the meals we truly enjoyed and it was nice to get to meet you Jeremy and talk for the little time you had free :heh:

Well we got there at about 3:30 and there were a few people there.
They were sold out of Brisket and rib tips when we got there, but I was lucky and the brisket got finished right as we were ordering. Which took a bit because we were a bit indecisive on what to have.
More were coming in when we left.
It seems he's got a great location and everyone there was talking about how much they had looked forward to the opening.

Got a couple pics of the dining area but they look just like what was posted earlier in the thread.

Congrats on the opening of the Prized Pig. I really wish I was closer so I could try it out as I am sure it is some dang good Que. Hopefully you continue to update this thread for a while as I am really interested to hear how you do. Thanks for sharing everything you have with the Brethen, its been great to follow along.

Congrats

Congrats on your opening. Thinking of opening a spot myself, but after reading this thread, I do not have the patience that you have. Long live the Prized Pig!

Congrats on the long awaited opening. Sounds like it went well. Looking forward to seeing more pics. Good luck with the rest of your journey - pulling for you.

I was born and raised just north of Ann Arbor, MI., and all my my family still lives there. We'll defiantly put this on the list for the annual "tour de Michigan" that we do every summer. I like to take my southern born husband all around the beautiful sights that Michigan has to offer, so this will just give me an excuse to head west :-D.

CONGRATS!!!!

Congratulations!! You will look back on this and smile. Wishing you all the best!!:eusa_clap

Man, you deserve every bit of success you get, you sure wanted this badly enough. What a farking journey, seen a lot of interesting build-outs, yours is right there. BTW, that chicken on your FB page looks amazing. You know, the key to success in the restaurant business is great chicken

Now that he's open, we may never hear from him... :sad:

But it's a good sad. :-D

Seriously, congrats and I wish you much success!

Back