Rib UN-Appreciation thread

Although I do agree that it's a particularly peculiar trend, these UNappreciation threads.....I still say that YOU, Chris, are a farkin trouble maker!!!!:boxing:

But, since it's so fun, I'll play along......

I only like ribs if they fall completely off the bone before I get them to my face. I prefer to par boil them and after they're nice and soft, sauce them and grill them until the sauce burns. Either that or the crockpot.:thumb:

So, I don't know WHAT you're talking about. Ribs are great. These low'n'slow and/or smoked ribs are WAY overrated. And if they're pink then I ain't eatin em.....pink pork will get you farkin SICK man! Pink=undercooked!!!!:tsk:

Brisket......THAT is some good eatin.

Just about anything cooked in a bbq is good. Meat, veggies, fruit...yum. I love ribs. But I think I LOVE pulled pork, beef (brisket, ribs & shoulder...and steak) & bacon more. Ribs would have to be more the middle child of BBQ. Also, I think when I've been out, I find that the item most places have that is not good (and most places have at least 1 thing that is not as good as the rest) are the ribs. Either under done or over done or really dry.

One thing that I recently had that was REALLY good was Beef Shoulder Clod. It was a wonderful mixture of smoky brisket flavor but was only cooked to a medium. Nice & pink inside and tender and juicy. I want to make this. Went to Restaurant Depot and no luck. Have to check with the butcher.

But finally what isn't good in the BBQ. If we weren't suppose to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?!?

You know, technically, I can crank out some stuff on the kettle that is technically more "grilling" that can give BBQ a real run for it's money. Maybe this BBQ stuff really is over-rated!:shock:

NAH!:cop:

Back