how much food to prep?

dbonesbbq

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
How much food or people do I prep for? To vend food at a Big ten college football game with over 100,000 people at it.

Do you think you'd vend only until the end of halftime? How early does the tailgating start? Do you have any numbers for how many people you can handle serving per hour with your setup?

When we've hit festivals and the ilk we generally just pick a target number that we want to serve based on suspected attendance, other vendors and how long we can handle being there.

There will be a dozen other vendors. BBQ is on lock down by someone else so I am doing wood fired pizza, chili, foot long hot dog, and haluski. I can stay open one hour after the game. There will be 12:00 kickoff's and 3:30 kickoff 's. I'm guessing that I will serve 3000 to 5000 people on average.

There will be a dozen other vendors. BBQ is on lock down by someone else so I am doing wood fired pizza, chili, foot long hot dog, and haluski. I can stay open one hour after the game. There will be 12:00 kickoff's and 3:30 kickoff 's. I'm guessing that I will serve 3000 to 5000 people on average.

U just answered your own question. :thumb:

This is a great little tool!!
Having moved from a town home and in the process of transitioning to a much smaller apartment, space for storage is a definite consideration for me and my goal for prepping/self sustainability. I tried out the table on all purpose flour x pound to cubic foot measurement (Yes I know us Canadians are metric but I still think in imperial measurements)... a great gadget to aid in actual space required for dealing with potential storage issues. Thanks for posting this! :sick:

Servsafe study, Servsafe practice test

Back