• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.
My weber OTG making my favorite thing. Burgers! I love brisket, pork and fatties but burgers with cheese and bacon and a cold Shiner Bock does it for me.

Picture063.jpg

Ever make brisket burgers? They are the best of both worlds.

Here's a CL listing I thought was interesting:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/for/942900339.html

Brand new in the box 22 1/2 in Weber BBQ from the 1970's. Series 70000. Very unusual blue color for your patio. Never used. contains all parts, unassembled.

1tpkec.jpg

$195 seems steep to me right now, but if I had the cash and was in a collectiing mood, I might go for it.

Man! Brand new...I dont think the price is too much. If that was close to me...Id buy....what a beauty

Man! Brand new...I dont think the price is too much. If that was close to me...Id buy....what a beauty

I would see if I really needed it... yeah right me the weber restraint guy.
But I would haggle with him for the price, if you can wait him out he will go down in price.

Craigslist! I bought several OLD webers to make one old weber.

That is where I got this one very few and far between aroung here. Found a couple sites and then also weber online but there store is down now.

Fordman,
If you take those handles off, sand them, and hit them with a couple coats of teak oil all over, they will look like new and the teak oil is water resistant. Only downside is that the Weber logo will likely be gone.
Or, present day resin ones will fit, but you lose the retro look.

EDIT: Just popped into the Virtual Weber Bullet site, and there was a thread about wood handles. Looks like some in Fort Worth is selling them. Here's a link http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/for/943199314.html

Where is the "Weber Stamps for Idiots" reference material located?

I see them all them time out by the street for disposal and of course on CraigsList. I might have to start pulling over for rescue.

Home office does have its perks.

Edited to add - and is there a Weber specific paint?

For all you Weber rescuer's out there in Brethrenland, here is the place to start your journey! http://www.weber.com/PublicSchematic/Default.aspx

Gas or Charcoal this link for schematics will help in identifying any parts you may need.

The Weber online store is down until January-this to me is a sign the end times are near! WTF is up with that???

What parts do you need?

Well l need the ash pan the one on there had cut outs for the legs needs to be solid since I have the leg clips. Also tried to take the one touch apart and broke the thumb screw and had to cut the handle apart to get it the paddles out. I was thinking some type of sealer for the handles since there in good shape.

Well l need the ash pan the one on there had cut outs for the legs needs to be solid since I have the leg clips. Also tried to take the one touch apart and broke the thumb screw and had to cut the handle apart to get it the paddles out. I was thinking some type of sealer for the handles since there in good shape.

You should be able to just order those parts direct from Weber.

The mother of all Weber's.....

And we got one.....

Attachments

• RanchKettle002.jpg
    RanchKettle002.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 1,424
On the weber I just bought off CL the lid damper is very loose has anyone made theres tighter with out drilling out and using a nut and bolt?

My 1st Weber and Mods - PRON

I scored my first weber for $4.00 and it included an unopened bag of Kingsford (small):-D. I asked the kitchenbitchamatic to pick up a pork butt, not a shoulder (after 40 years, I should have know better!). She came home with home with a 5.6 lb "Bone-in shoulder pork butt" for $10.00.

So, I placed it on my weber score and the lid would not close, DUH. So off to HD for Mod material to make an "extender". While I was at it, I added a Charcoal "ring" (left over expanded metal from my NB fire box design) and a water pan (cut down large Bush Bean tin can). The "extender" worked better than I expected, no smoke leaks!

The extender is made from Aluminum roofing ridge material. It is sold at Home Depot in the roofing area and comes in several widths in 25 ft long rolls (they also have galvanized, do not use that). I bought the 8 inch width and used two layers where the second layer over laps the first by about 2.5 inches.

This worked out great as the food rack lets the extender fits snug between it and the inside lip of the bottom half of the grill. I used 5 Aluminum "pop rivets" at the layer over lap to hold it together. The extension is easily removed and inserted while attending to the fire.

I was very happy with the fit as NO SMOKE came out at either end of the extender and heat loss on the Aluminum extender was about half of what the black sections of the Weber was radiating.

Mods in place and some pecan wood chips I was ready to Q!

Next mods, I plan to add a bird spinner to the extender, modify the air intake and add an ash catcher attachment, when I get around to it. The existing ash holes clog up on long unattended cooks.

Some "PRON" below...temp was stable at 222 F for 1.5 hrs, so I went inside to watch football and when half time was over and me and the game were in the third quarter, I rembered to go check on the Q. Temp was down to 140 F because the bottom holes were cloged full of ash, duh, more mods needed! It is not a NB Bandera, no ash room. So I adjusted the fire and it got done and my butt was great.

Slaw and smoked pork butt great eats!:icon_bigsmil

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:
Picked this 22.5" OTG in great condition off of CL for $50.

They included the Weber Chimney and Weber Cover as well!

I love it!

Planning on smoking some B Backs this Sunday...let see...Pron should follow...

Last edited:
Back