• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Congrats to Slap Yo' Daddy

Benny posts here and he is a member of the team. Although he wasn't at this particular comp due to some personal reasons. This was a small field but there were a few really good teams, so not a cake-walk by any stretch.

Congrats SyD!

Big Poppa Smokers was right on their tail. I think there was a 1.14 point difference between the two. Vince and Alexa w/ Rhythm N' Que were 1 appearance point from a perfect chicken score and a new team won first in pork. All in all it was a great event and the town of Holbrook put on a great event.

I remember seeing these guys on BBQ Pitmasters (first I heard of them). Pretty cool they're still out there kicking butt. Congrats guys!

Thanks to everyone who has posted here and on other sites. Harry cooked at this contest with Peter Graves who lives in the PHX area. Peter has a complete set of equipment and it permitted Harry to fly in and cook while our regular equipment was parked in Oakland CA for a contest there next weekend. From what I heard, Peter is now short an E-Z Up after this contest.
It was sad for me to stay home this weekend and miss number 7 but we have been cooking almost every weekend since early April and I had to take care of permitting process for a new roof. The results this weekend will give me some time to compete on my own as Funtime BBQ again as SYD can finally slow down.

Benny

Let me note that Harry lost the easy up and his smokin wood got all wet. We gave him a nice piece of Pecan wood....and he beat us by 1.14 points....Cmon Harry...you know that wood pushed you over the top!

Congrats...it was a small field but I think a good one and losta fun...We got three seconds and a seventh and lost....TIp of the hat to Harry!

Im a big Harry Soo fan. It always makes me happy when he and his do well.

In fact I like it when they win because it makes so many butts pucker.

Go gettem Harry!

Impressive. I don't care what anybody thinks...getting 7 GC's in a year is a tough feat. You got to give it up to a group that is out their grinding like this every week to try and be the best at something.

Good luck in Lynchburg...we'll see if our 2 out of 25 shot gets us there, but I'll probably be watching that live feed from the house.

Congrats Harry and Benny and Sterling (not sure who Sterling is)!

7 in a year is especially grueling out here on the west coast where you have to travel hundreds of miles just for the "local" contests. We consider anything under 4 hours drive "close to home", and 6-8 hour drives are very common for teams. SyD has been traveling thousands of miles to get those 7 wins, while still holding down a day job. The level of competition out here has also been getting higher and higher, so nothing is a sure thing.

Congrats! Like another poster mentioned, I also used to follow them on Pitmasters, not sure how they find the time to do this week in and week out, very impressive.

Back