Looking for a meat slicer, advice please...

GEORGIA BULLHAWGS

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have my eyes on this one. Mainly because I have enough Bass Pro dollars on my account that I could get this one for free without paying anything.

Was wondering if any of you guys could lead a first time meat slicer buyer along. I will mainly use it to do jerky and for slicing home made bacon.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.basspro.com/Open-Country-Electric-Food-Slicer/product/97748/-1303262#BVQAWidgetID

http://www.basspro.com/Open-Country-Electric-Food-Slicer/product/97748/-1303262#BVQAWidgetID

yep-i have that same one.it's a waring pro. i got mine for $79 @ lowe's.
i'd save a bit & buy a rival on ebay or cl.
that plastic carriage is junk-the meat slips & you have to use 2 hands.:evil:

Got the same one and It works very well -cant beat the price

I just got one for Christmas. My wife got it at Sears, so she probably paid too much, but I'm happy to have it...even though I haven't used it yet.

I have the chiefs choice 610 runs about the same dollars. I'm very happy with it. Easy clean and cuts thin.

How thin does the Waring Pro cut? Will it do deli thin slices?

I have used a waring pro before and was quite impressed especially considering the price, but im still gonna stick with my 25 yr old hobart slicer

mine doesn't get thin like shaved thin. but it goes thin enough for a sandwich. think like the size of prepackage meat slices.
something to consider is how to sharpen the blade. not a real easy task that i know of. also watch for the plastic gear stripping. mine hasn't stripped,but i don't "bog" mine down either.

Nice slice, I am sure everyone here wants one of those :cool:

I inherited it from my dad and grandfather, they ran a deer processor for years and when they quit doing it I ended up with all the equipment:clap2:

I have the Chef's Choice 610 and it does alright for my needs, it looks like that one would be even better in some regards.

It really sucks that there are no good slicer options between $100 and $250... and not everyone can afford one of them fancy hobarts...:rolleyes:

Back