• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Sunday ABT & Pig Candy Pron

Rookie'48

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Started with about 100 ABTs:

100_0607.jpg

Then did some pig candy:

100_0610.jpg

Some of the results:

100_0608.jpg

Better late than never, right?

Looks good. How'd you do the pig candy? It sure looks different than mine does.

DAMN DAVE!! That looks SO tasty!!:eek:

Bacon....mmmmmmm....pig candy....aahhhhhhhhhh:grin:

Looks good. How'd you do the pig candy? It sure looks different than mine does.

I made it a little on the warm side this time. I started with 2 cups brown sugar, 1 cup crushed red peppers & 1/2 cup rub. I used Farmland thick sliced bacon, laid one side down in the mixture & patted it down to get an even coating on one side only. Put in smoker at 250 (rub side up!) till done, misting once an hour with AJ / JD. Then I cut each one in half & took the whole mess to a b-day party for a couple of my g-kids.

On a side note, my youngest boy was grilling burgers & hot dogs for the b-day party. I grabed a burger, put on a slice if cheese & then added three 1/2 slices of the pig candy. Beats the hell out of a bacon cheeseburger at the local drive through. :biggrin:

Man 100 ABT's you must have been busy cleaning those out!

Pig candy, one of my favorite treats!! and the ABTs look great also.

Dave, why did you have to go do that. Now I'm going to have to make some. Wont be near as good as yours, those look great!

Nice work Dave! I can taste them here. It's a shame my invite got lost in the mail :wink::biggrin: Maybe next time!

Dave Im amazed you cleaned all those peppers yourself, I was waiting for my bucket of whitewash to show up and lead the way...

Now my mouth is watering....some ABTs going on with the two cases of Pork Butt Thursday....I even have some left over brisket to add to it just as I was taught!

That does look good... I feel your pain on the ABT's... Got a catering job coming up that is going to require 18 dozen....

That is looking really good. I need to search Pig Candy???? ABT's I get.

Ive got to try pig candy, that looks really good!
Once you've tried the pig candy, give Hawaiian BBQ Candy a shot.....

That does look good... I feel your pain on the ABT's... Got a catering job coming up that is going to require 18 dozen....

I have a jerky shooter that does a great job filling ABTs if you want to use it.

Once you've tried the pig candy, give Hawaiian BBQ Candy a shot.....

I'm still skeptical about the Hawaiian BBQ candy.

Got a catering job coming up that is going to require 18 dozen.
18 dozen!!! That's a lot of prep work. What do you charge on a bunch that big?

Dave Im amazed you cleaned all those peppers yourself, I was waiting for my bucket of whitewash to show up and lead the way...
I actually had Tawny helping (?) me for awhile, but it still took two evenings to "git 'er did".

Man 100 ABT's you must have been busy cleaning those out!
See above ^^^^^. Tawny is my 12 year old (going on 27) g-daughter that adopted us.

I'm still skeptical about the Hawaiian BBQ candy.
You gotta try them... I came up with the name because I didn't think anyone would try SPAM candy...

18 dozen!!! That's a lot of prep work. What do you charge on a bunch that big?
$8.00 a dozen.... The peppers we've been getting have been HUGE so I've been quartering them so I get 4 out of each pepper, halving each 'Smokey Joe', and each one gets a half slice of bacon... Just the right size that you get a single bite....

Great looking vittles there Dave. The USPS must have lost my invite also.

Looks great and a lot of work as well. Thanks for the invite you sent to me but I was out of the country! I'll make it next time:wink:

Back