Contest Announcment Troy Pig Out Craft Beer Butt Challenge

Meat@Slim's

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Craft Beer Butt Challenge #3, Troy, New York

What are you putting up?

Make sure you like us on facebook! http://www.facebook.com/CraftBeerButtChallenge

Here are the rules.

Rules for the Craft Beer Butt Challenge

1. To participate you must be of legal drinking age.

2. Conditions, parameter recommendations and differentiating factors for beer entry into the Craft Beer Butt Challenge:

a. Price - we recommend your beer entry retails at a minimum of $12. (There is no
maximum limit on your beer entry.)
b. Size/Quantity - we make no formal recommendation on the size or quantity of your beer as long as it meets the price condition above.
c. Rarity - If a beer is a limited release or rare beer and retails less than $12 you may factor this condition in for your beer entry.
d. Beer Advocate Rating - If a beer holds a very high rating either overall or in it’s respective category you may factor this condition in for your beer entry. (beeradvocate.com)
e. Your Love of a Beer or Brewery - If a beer or brewery holds a special place in your heart you may factor this condition in for your beer entry.

examples: Cisco Brewing (Martha’s Vineyard, MA) Sankaty Light $9 for 6
Available in bottles and cans. (6 and 12 pack)
Sankaty Light is the highest rated Light Lager on the Beer Advocate.

Cadillac Mountain (ME) Irish Stout $12 for 6
Available in 6 pack bottles and more rarely available as a 22oz bomber.
Highest Irish Stout rated on the Beer Advocate
Once described as the most difficult beer to get in a National Magazine.

Maine Brewing Company (ME) Lunch $8 for 1
Available as a 500ML bottle.
Rated in the overall top 100 beers on the Beer Advocate
Sells out at the retail level very fast.
(Retailers generally get 12 bottles and production is sporadic.)

Alchemist (VT) Heady Topper $13 for 4
Available in 4 pack 16oz cans.
Rated #1 overall beer on the Beer Advocate
Sold only in VT mostly from the brewery.
Always sold out by Saturday.

3. Freshness/Aging Conditions

Please do your best to enter a beer or beers into the Craft Beer Butt Challenge that are ready to be enjoyed. Here are some guidelines and information to help you choose the perfect beer:

a. Beers with a lower alcohol content (7% or less, for example) are brewed to be consumed sooner rather than later. This condition applies no matter how light or dark the beer is in appearance. An Irish stout, for example, is generally not a high alcohol content beer so it should be purchased and entered as a fresh beer (Not a beer you have had in the back of your pantry for the last year).
b. Beers with a higher alcohol content may be aged (cellared) and will not necessarily be affected negatively and may benefit from aging. The Craft Beer Butt Challenge supports aged beer for entry so long as the beer can handle aging in a cellared environment.
c. IPA’s and Pale Ale’s are brewed to be consumed soon after bottling. A good rule of thumb is to consume this style of beer no more than 90 days after production. Most beers of this style have a bottling date printed on the bottle or can. (Also note that “expired” beers found on retail shelves can be returned to the distributor by the retailer. Please let the retailer know if you find old beer on their shelves. Most retailers who are concerned about quality will go through the trouble of returning product for credit.)

4. To Enter the Craft Beer Butt Challenge
Presently contests are announced on the BBQ Brethren Forum Competition BBQ Page a week or two before an event. There is also a facebook page: (www.facebook.com/CraftBeerButtChallenge) where events and results will be listed and participants may enter.
***Entry should be made through social media before arriving at a contest site the weekend of an event.***

5. Winning the Craft Beer Butt Challenge
The winner is the highest finishing participating entry in the Pork Shoulder Category of a Sanctioned BBQ Competition.

6. Have Fun/Enjoy Responsibly
We have written these rules to increase the participant enjoyment in the Craft Beer Butt Challenge. They will not be reinforced strictly. They serve only as a guideline.

A complete description of the Craft Beer Butt Challenge will be posted soon.

image.jpg

Here is my entry for the Troy Pig Out Craft Beer Butt Challenge #3

Evil Twin Brewing(CT) Yin Imperial Stout, and Yang Imperial IPA. Pour up half of each into a glass for a Black and Tan.

Ommegang (NY) Hennepin Farmhouse Saison

What are you putting up?

examples: Cisco Brewing (Martha’s Vineyard, MA) Sankaty Light $9 for 6, Available in bottles and cans. (6 and 12 pack), Sankaty Light is the highest rated Light Lager on the Beer Advocate.

Ya, pretty much EVERY craft beer at my local liquor store is $9-10, especially local brewers which I favor. (Foolproof, Newport Storm, etc.) I don't mind spending more, but I am facing an aisle of craft beers that cost less.

For Troy, the Sankaty.

Attachments

• IMG_8615.JPG
    IMG_8615.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 22
Chris, just guidelines. Thanks for your entry!

Ya, pretty much EVERY craft beer at my local liquor store is $9-10, especially local brewers which I favor. (Foolproof, Newport Storm, etc.) I don't mind spending more, but I am facing an aisle of craft beers that cost less.

For Troy, the Sankaty.

Back