Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs?

Wrench_H

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Ok, so my wife is 8 1/2 months pregnant and not exactly clicking on all cylinders (you didn't hear that from me, and if I never come back here, you can assume that she does know about this place, and i'm in a shallow grave).

Well, I asked her to get some chicken thighs at the store, and she brought home boneless skinless. I've never used these before, and am looking for suggestions. Right now, I'm leaning towards a curry or maybe chicken salad, but would like to do something on the grill or smoker. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We marinate & grill all the time. Probably not a great idea with your wife ready to pop, but wrapped in bacon, a light dust with your favorite rub and indirect heat ain't all that bad either.

Wrap them in a bacon weaver and cook them on indirect heat around 250-275 til IT 170* and serve with Macaroni and cheese with broccoli bits in it! " Porked Chicken Mac"

Boneless/skinless thighs seasoned with any type of seasoning and grilled so they get a little char is probably my favorite way to eat chicken.

First stuff them with pickles then smoke 'em over some cherry and serve with a side of ice cream. :razz:

Kidding of course, unless she really is into pickles and ice cream right now. :wink:

If I was feeling lazy I'd sprinkle on some rub and grill them on the gasser. If not I'd cook them indirect with some smoke on the kettle.

Good luck with the little one!

You can do just about anything with them. I love them. You can grill them fairly hot (make sure they're cooked) with just basic spices, or you can slather them in sauce, or you can marinate them or you can curry them. Boneless, skinless thighs are my favorite parts of the chicken. I think your wife is clicking on all 8 cylinders. :thumb:

Most any Asian marinade, and grilled over hot coals. I do them all the time.

I'm with you. Some soy, garlic, ginger, scallion, hoisin and srirachi. Marinate overnight and then onto a screaming hot grill. I like to serve this atop a cold glass noddle salad kind of a vietnamese noodle bowl style.

A little season all and lemon pepper, grill them quick then warm up some tortillas on the grill and make some delish tacos just add fresh pico de gallo or your favorite salsa. Thats some good eating

Just last weekend, I cooked up a bunch of deboned, naked thighs. Stuffed with chive/cream cheese, slice of fresh jalapeño and red bell pepper, seasoned inside and out with Tony's, wrapped with applewood smoked bacon. Marinated with Stubbs for 4 hours, "Smokenatored" at 240 for 2 1/2 hours with chunks of pecan. Wish I woulda saved some pron.
However, I may (probably) steal some of the above recipes, they all sound really good.
Being a newbie, I am really enjoying this board.

Last edited:
I dust 'em with Yardbird rub and throw 'em on the gasser. cook quick and delish!

Something else I forgot to mention. I'll buy whole thighs and then bone and skin myself. It takes about 10 seconds per thing once you get the hang of it. Bones get frozen for stock and then I render down the skins in a cast iron pan over medium heat and save the drippings for schmaltz. The crispy skins are a great snack when dusted with a little of your favorite seasoning.

I grilled some not long ago and made stacked breakfast enchiladas.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158229

086_zpse9fe31ab.jpg

They were tasty but I'm not sure if your Mrs would feel like eating something like this right now.

btw, Congrats on the little one!

Back