Bubba Keg Pizza Party!

Boshizzle

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I just had one of the greatest times and the Bubba Keg played a big part. I setup my Bubba keg for high, direct heat with a pizza stone on the top grate. I rolled out some pizza dough in about 8" diameter pizza's on some parchment paper. It made the dough easier to handle. I rolled out the dough before everyone arrived and there was plenty for everyone. Each 8" dough round was on its own a piece of parchment paper. All the guests had to do was take a pizza dough and parchment paper and put whatever toppings they like on it. I served mozzarella and parmesan cheese, Italian sausage, pepperoni, bell peppers, onions, jalapeno peppers, pizza tomato sauce, fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, sliced black olives, red pepper flakes, Alfredo cheese sauce, Italian seasoning made with basil, oregano, and thyme, some garlic butter, and EV olive oil.

I let my guest top their pizza anyway they wanted. I had the honor of cooking the pizzas in the BK. Each pizza took about 5 minutes. When I could fit two in at a time, I did. One of my guests made a calzone. I had to flip it half way through, but it turned out really good.

I don't have any pics, but, I have to say, this was one of the greatest cookouts I have ever done. Making the pizzas was a great time for fellowship. And, since everyone had to wait at least five minutes for their pizza, it was a great time sharing pizzas and fellow shipping. I also had all of my kids and their families, so it was a great time for me, too.

If you have never had a pizza party with your keg, please do so. It's a lot of fun. And, the Bubba keg does a great job cooking pizza. Everyone was very happy with the results. Use whatever grill you have. I'm sure a Weber or a BGE could do just as well or better.

Sorry, no pics, just too busy with the guests.

Last edited:
It does a great job. Of course, I had so much fun with my guests that I may be biased. :p

I thought of doing this for our New Years eve party sounds like a great concept and a good time had by all!!

We did that when we went camping - lots of fun for everyone.

Sounds like a blast, we did this for a football game last year at our neighbors house. He has an outdoor brick oven he made himself. It was pretty fun. I think it's my turn now. :-D

I did one of these a couple of weeks ago (also "pizza, tell me what you want on it") and it was good times. BBQ is always better when there are friends about...

Back