My (Late) Report from the Jack

dmprantz

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
This is a long time coming, but I've kinda takin' a break, both from this forum, and from BBQ in general. The former was caused by the latter, and that is because of my situation. Regardless, I haven't been Qing much, but I wanted to share my thoughts:

Several weeks ago now, I attended The Jack as a CBJ student, a spectator, and eventually some what as a competitor. I had a wonderful time, and with it being less than an hour from where I live, I definitely plan to return for years to come, even if I don't get an invite to compete. I met several great people from The Brethren while I was there and you were all really nice. Thank you for showing me, my wife, and my daughter a good time. There were two teams in particular though that I wanted to call out and thank as being great people.

Lunch Meat BBQ are great people. You welcomed us into your site and allowed us to feel like we were more than every day spectators. Thank you very much for your warm hospitality and your giving attitudes. I hope to see you again sooner than later and to repay you for everything.

To Dan, Danny, Jason, and the rest of 3 Eyez, you guys were awesome! I really enjoyed working with you for turn-ins and I would be honoured to work with you guys again for any competition where I'm not competing myself. You guys were so generous in allowing me to help out and learn, and sharing your site with me on Saturday morning. Congratulations on your walk, and I truly hope I get to work with you again at some point. Let me know next time you are competing near Nashville! Just the other night, knowing that I Q myself, and that her father is a world championship BBQer, my wife said “I want some 3eyez BBQ!”

As calendar year 2009 is coming to an end, I am now making plans to prepare for competition year 2010. I'm getting my pit mounted on a trailer and putting together a team to help me. I plan to compete around the Nashville area in the upcoming year, to meet many more of you, and see those of you I've already met again. It's been a pleasure being part of The Brethren and I hope to meet and beat more of you in the future:) Thank you all for the support, help, and fraternity!

dmp

My pleasure! We were glad to have you and your welcome any time. Fit right into the team. Wish we had more time to just chill and have a drink :p Thank YOU for all your help.

You're very welcome! You guys ARE more than 'every day spectators'... you are fellow Brethren and now I consider you friends. Anytime we are out and you are nearby, you are more than welcome to join in the chaos that is lunchmeat! We had a great time with you and your wife, and your baby girl is an absolute joy! There is no need to repay us for anything... as they say in BBQ... pay it forward... welcome someone else in the same way.

Happy Holidays and Best of Luck in 2010!!!

dmp - If you ever see me at an event, always feel welcome to come on in the site and say hello. We also welcome fellow Brethren anytime, as I believe that is what this site the Grand Poobah was kind enough to start. The spread of Fellowship and Knowledge to fellow BBQing Brethren, no matter how far you are down the path of Mastery of Qing.

Glad you had a great time with your wife and daughter thanks to Lunch Meat BBQ and 3 Eyez.

Agreed Dan. Next time we are in the same place, we'll make time to have a drink or more and relax. Lunch, I look forward to hanging out with y'all again soon. Tomorow is Eleanor's first football game, so go Dolphins! Jim, I may take you up on that some day. If you come up closer to Nashville remind me, and I'll be sure to stop by. Again, thank you all. It's been a blast!

dmp

Back