• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

anybody rest their brisket OUTSIDE of insulated cooker?

boogiesnap

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
hi guys, anyone rest their foiled briskets, say just in a towel, and not in a cooler/cambro/carlisle, etc. for a couple hours and just moniter IT?

would it make a difference in the end?

That's what I do if I don't intend to hold it for several hours.
Works fine.

TIM

If I'm going to eat within an hour, or an hour and a half, I just let it rest in the foil, so it isn't steaming hot when I cut it.

I always wrap in foil and let it rest in the oven on a pan for a couple of hours, the only reason I use the oven (no-heat) is cause it makes great storage! About the only thing I use the oven for that and butts.

Thrift shop blankets. Used to keep the cook chamber warm on windy and cool nights and double or triple layered are used to keep the meats warm. This works well in warmer times of the year -- slows the cooling but doesn't stay to hot too long.

i just wrap in foil and then a towel if its gonna be just an hour or so. otherwise it goes into some kind of container as has been mentioned. its purty much cooked already so it just needs some time to get the juices in place.

thanks guys. does anybody see a difference in the end product between resting in a cooler for say 5-6 hours or just resting in a towel1-2 hours(or blankets, nice suggestion BTW)?

I've done it with foil and then a towel and it was fine. I just can't bring myself to wrap a brisket directly into a towel for some reason.

I've done it with foil and then a towel and it was fine. I just can't bring myself to wrap a brisket directly into a towel for some reason.

i knew that was coming at some point.:tsk:

anyway, it turned out well, just letting it rest WRAPPED IN FOIL and THEN in a towel for @ 2 hours. temp dropped significantly, so i'd be wary of any longer for serving guests. maybe 1.5 at most.

not really sure i could tell the difference though between coolered for 4-6 hours and toweled for 2.

except the coolered ones were hotter.

anyway, just something i thought i'd try.

Back