boberosabbq
Full Fledged Farker

here's the recipe works great, tastes great, and its easy

.25 oz packet of active dry yeast
1/4 tsp granulated sugar
3/4 cup 110 degree water
1 3/4 cup AP flour
1/2 tsp salt

1. Dissolve yeast, sugar and water let sit for 8-10 min(proofing)
2. Combine flour and salt
3. Pour yeast muxture onto flour mixture
4. Mix until dough is tacky to just a little sticky
5. Knead for two minutes on floured surface.
6. The above step is the trickiest you have to get the consistency right. The dough ball should not stick to your hands yet still should begin to sag 3-4 inches whe you grab it and hold it in the air from the top of the doughball.
7. clean all the flour off your worksurface and coat the doughball in EVOO
8. This is when I light up my coal and get the grill hot. The dough doesn't have to rise you don' t really want it to. But that 20 minutes or the grill heating up seems to let me get the dough to that 1/8 of an inch to 1/4 of and in thickness and keeps it there otherwise it shrinks up on you as you flatten it.
9. Like I said above flatten out the dough on a pizza peel or cookie sheet(well oiled) to 1/8 to 1/4 thick I don't keep it uniform in thickness or make it round it gives the pizza "character" as I call it. Personally some of the thin spots get a nice charr on them and they give some great flavor.
10. I then coat the top of the flattened dough with EVOO and take it to the grill. I use a peel and just flip the dough so the oiled side goes on the grill first. Usually it folds up a bit so I just spread it back out on the grill grates. The beautiful thing is it doesn't stick when the grill is that hot.

Hope that helps. Its a family recipe straight from the Italian side so I didn't really have to do much to it just started making it on the grill.

I also have a great sauce recipe but my grandmother would roll over in her grave if I let that one out.