**SPECIAL** Discussion Thread -> "Holiday Feasts, Brethren Style!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Huli Huli RIBs

These Huli Huli ribs were very good...I received many compliments from the sweet flavor lovers in the family. Three racks total.

I doctored up my own rack with some OakRidge Secret Rib Rub Prototype and some Habanero Death Dust...sweet, complex and spicey!

Plated with a romaine salad and a Hasselback potatoe. My selected pic is below.

Please accept this entry in the Holiday Throwdown

I recently procured about two dozen local (Mill Creek, NC)oysters which I grilled to just open. They were both sweet and salty if that makes any sense to my landlocked Brethren.
IMG_0669_zpse50bccd9.jpg

I shucked them and added a mixture of butter, white wine, hot sauce, horseradish, and worcestershire. I topped it with precooked bacon and asiago cheese. These were places back on a grill with a bacon and shrimp kabob and slabs of tuna which were all local and fresh earlier this year from coastal NC.
IMG_0673_zpsa279400d.jpg

IMG_0676_zps807478f0.jpg

The shrimp and bacon.
IMG_0677_zps0cb839d3.jpg

The main ingredients.
IMG_0678_zpsfa0b4946.jpg

Plated. Please use this as an entry pic.
IMG_0679_zps3d43740f.jpg

This was a really good meal. I hope all the Brethren have a great Christmas and New Year. Thanks for looking.

Please accept my entry in this throwdown

I am sure there will be a gracious plenty prime rib entries but here is my version. I procured a small 3lb prime rib.
IMG_0683_zps59dd00d3.jpg

I tied er up the best I could and added a coffee base rub which I think goes great on beef.
IMG_0686_zps70ae6441.jpg

Placed in the Weber around 225 degrees.
IMG_0689_zps0484214a.jpg

Prepared some carrots per PatioDaddio's recipe. It was the first time I tried these and they were delicious.
IMG_0688_zps24eebc0c.jpg

IMG_0693_zps692ce39f.jpg

I also finished the twice baked on the grill.
IMG_0691_zps0aee7cef.jpg

IMG_0692_zpsfb1abd9d.jpg

Please use this pic of finished plate.
IMG_0694_zpscccac2cb.jpg

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. Thanks for looking.

This is my official unprofessionally photographed entry in the holiday throwdown. For some reason my ipad will only allow me to load one pic at a time so this will be a three post entry. The chosen implement was my fatboy, with royal oak and homegrown cherrywood.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 172
Oooooooo this keeps getting better and better :thumb:

Back