Santa Maria Steak Seasoning In Use [w/PRON]

IamMadMan

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I recently received OakRidge BBQ Santa Maria Steak Seasoning, so I went to the Joint Base Dix, McGuire Commissary and found some ribeye steaks for a good deal at $4.00 @ pound.

Steak1.JPG

Lightly Seasoned them with the OakRidge BBQ Santa Maria Steak Seasoning

Steak2.JPG

A quick flash on each side.... Yummmy

Steak3.JPG

I was a fan of the Montreal Steak Seasoning, now I have switched sides..
Great Steak Seasoning with a great complimenting flavor...

To me that looks like a light application. Did you think it was enough. Great looking cook!

I just received some of this Friday and will try it next week. I was thinking the same thing as Cameraman -it looks a little light on the seasoning. I'll coat one light and one heavy to compare. Those look awesome. I love a bone-in ribeye.

Your steaks look tasty!

I just cooked a whole beef tenderloin tonight and gave it a much heavier dusting of Oakridge BBQ Santa Maria rub.

It kicked a$$! Has a nice, peppery flavor. Not too salty, not too sweet.

I always dust heavy, but being it was something new I proceeded with caution for sake of the rest of the family.

It was tasty, but we all agreed for a heavier application next time. :grin:

Thanks for the comments.

Nice! I can always go for a good ribeye, but those look especially good. Where can I get some of that rub? I've never heard of it before.

Nice! I can always go for a good ribeye, but those look especially good. Where can I get some of that rub? I've never heard of it before.

Click on link or picture below.......
OakRidge BBQ

They also sell sample packs reasonably priced with shipping, so you do not have to get stuck with a large amount if you don't like it.

Click on link or picture below.......

OakRidge BBQ

They also sell sample packs reasonably priced with shipping, so you do not have to get stuck with a large amount if you don't like it.

I bought the sample pack, its a great value. I do really like the Santa Maria, I dont think you need a whole lot of it.

I always dust heavy, but being it was something new I proceeded with caution for sake of the rest of the family.

It was tasty, but we all agreed for a heavier application next time. :grin:

Thanks for the comments.

Thanks for giving our products a try, we're thrilled you liked them!

I favor a heavy application of rub as well. Just make sure to give the rub plenty of time to "sweat" before you put your meat on the grill. It's critical that the dehydrated spices are given a chance to re-hydrate on the surface of the meat before it's put on the grill. :thumb:

Back