• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Official MOINK Ball Certification Resurrection Thread

MOINKlympics? :cool:

I feel a sense of obligation to all those who came before to make sure the new certified members have had the same rigorous process.

This is a job I do not take lightly.

By the way...I'm not sure, but I think I was the first person to throw my balls onto a bun, cover them in cheese and toast them.

Where do I get credit for that?

*duck*

MOINK Submission

Humbly submitted for you MOINK approval:

The rules:

IMPORTANT RULE CHANGE:

After careful consideration by the Governing Board of IMBAS the following rule change as been adopted, effective immediately.

1. MOINK Balls will be made with ALL BEEF meatballs, wrapped in PORK bacon.
2. MOINK Balls must be cooked out of doors using a wood or charcoal fire.
3. The use of the term MOINK Balls requires the proper capitalization. Failure to capitalize MOINK Ball will result in your application being denied.

Please note, in HONOR of SmokinAussie, I included a photo of my vegemite (as I lived in OZ for two years) but I do NOT submit these MOINKS with Vegemite as the official ruling of that additive seems to be in question.

MOINK1.jpg

MOINK2.jpg

Cooked on the FE1000PC with 100% mini-logs :laugh:

MOINK3.jpg

Setting the sauce:

MOINK4.jpg

MOINK5.jpg

A pile of MOINKS:

MOINK6.jpg

Here's my submission. My nephew Glenn (GatorDawg) was in town for Easter and we used regular beef meatballs with Plowboy's Yardbird Rub and some Italian meatballs with Plowboy's Bovine Bold Rub. Used head Country for dipping sauce but will make up some of PatioDaddio's Guinness sauce to try next time. Photographer was my son Brian. Brian & i tend to do Friday night grillings & beer tastings (he's constantly coming up with new ones for us to try).

Attachments

• MOINK balls prep, part 1.jpg
    MOINK balls prep, part 1.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 78
  • cant cook with....jpg
    cant cook with....jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 79
  • going....jpg
    going....jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 80
  • whats with the caps.jpg
    whats with the caps.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
1st MOINK Balls

My 1st MOINK Balls. Homemade balls wrapped with bacon,sprinkled with my rub and glazed with Sweet Baby Ray's. I cooked them on the Weber over indirect heat. Reglazed before serving. I also did a meatloaf and stuffed peppers.

Attachments

• IMG_0104.jpg
    IMG_0104.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0106.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0110.jpg
    IMG_0110.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0111.jpg
    IMG_0111.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0112.jpg
    IMG_0112.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0113.jpg
    IMG_0113.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 70
MOINK ball certification request.

The ingredients....
4512263959_38eb87845c.jpg

On the UDS with RO lump and hickory chunks
4512906928_233e10613a.jpg

done.... with optional sauce and brew
4512269825_50caaa9354.jpg

The fire flared up as I was removing them and some of the toothpicks caught fire :redface:

Just remember that MOINK Ball certification will close on April 15th in preparation for World MOINK Ball Day on June 5th. A special World MOINK Ball Day Certificate will be available if you cook MOINK Balls on June 5th.

The next period for Certification will be July 5th through 10th...

Even though you chose to tuck your balls away where we can't see them without having to go through a bunch of threads, I do think your balls are indeed worthy of a look.

Just remember that MOINK Ball certification will close on April 15th in preparation for World MOINK Ball Day on June 5th. A special World MOINK Ball Day Certificate will be available if you cook MOINK Balls on June 5th.

The next period for Certification will be July 5th through 10th...
I was going to make my first MOINK balls for this period until I found out about World MOINK Ball Day so I am waiting til June 5 to make my first.:becky:

Back