Quick Friday Cook

campdude

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
It's my birthday today and yesterday a good friend was going to come by and have a couple of beers to celebrate with me. I said I'd toss some meat in the smoker for lunch. I found these beef ribs in the freezer and thought, they'll do fine. I decided to make some potato cups and of course ABT's. I rubed the ribs with Big Ron's Hint of Houston. I filled the potato cups with minced chilis and onions, wrapped in bacon and topped with Simply Marvelous Sweet and Spicey. When they were just about done I topped them with a mix of mozzarella and sharp cheddar. The ABT's were stuffed with blue cheese, topped with bacon, and sprinkled with SM Sweet and Spicey. A nice lunch an a few very enjoyable beers later made for a great afternnon.

Last edited:
Happy Birthday, Marten!! Hope you had a wonderful day and wishing you a wonderful year!!

ABT's with blue cheese, eh? Sounds delicious, I like it. I've never had an ABT but the number of times you/others have featured them in a cook/entry made me buy a pack of peppers. Soon I will know what you know. Might have to get some blue cheese now.... The texture on the beef ribs looks really good, the close up really really good, love the crust, smoke ring and juiciness of it. Potato cup looks delicious, too.

Kathy,
Blue cheese is my fav filling for ABT's. I love the chili heat with the full flavor cheese. The bacon ties it all together very nicely. I had never done cream cheee 'till reading about others doing it that way here on the forum.

Back