CyberQ WIFI INFS Router Issues

imott

Reaction score
I have purchased a CyberQ WIFI and had/have issues connecting to my routers.

My Netgear WNDR3700 and my DLink WDL-G700AP would not connect in Infrastructure mode.

My old Linksys WCG200 (w/two antennae) connects with no issue.

Please post your router info here to help narrow down the issue. Please include hardware and firmware versions.

Thanks!
irv

BTW: Beta Tester for this device.

Last edited:
We discussed this with you before in another thread and I'm not surprised that you're still having issues. I also have a Netgear WNDR3700 and couldn't get it to connect either. It's a version 1 running V1.0.16.98-dnsNA. I put it on an older Netgear WG602 access point running V1.2.5NA and it works fine and hasn't missed a beat in about 20 cooks so far.

You're not doing anything wrong. It's the 0.8 firmware on the CyberQ Wifi. You see how many others have had the same issue. Keep the Linksys in there.

I don't plan to upgrade the CyberQ Wifi firmware when an upgrade eventually comes out. I think that the SSL will just get in the way for me. I'll wait and see. Good luck.

Actually, I have gotten it to work with a different router. I am trying to compile a list of working and non-working routers for the test team at BBQGuru.

I am currently testing the new firmware for BBQGuru. The next release does not have SSL. It simply password protects access to the webpages on the CyberQ WIFI.

Thanks for testing things for them. Can you not password protect pages? It would be cumbersome on a phone to type in passwords with my fat fingers. THANK YOU.

You will have the "option" to password protect or not using HTTP Username and HTTP Password.
See below from the upcoming release...

aa_password.png

Thanks for testing things for them. Can you not password protect pages? It would be cumbersome on a phone to type in passwords with my fat fingers. THANK YOU.

I'm using an AT&T 2wire DSL router with no problems. I will get you the details later.

Thanks for working on this.

You will have the "option" to password protect or not using HTTP Username and HTTP Password.
See below from the upcoming release...

aa_password.png

Hey palmtreefrb,

I wouldn't worry about password protecting your cyberq if you're running a wireless net with WEP. it (WEP) has been shown to have a flaw which allows someone to crack your encryption key in a manner of minutes.

If they did that, they could put a machine on your wifi and sniff your password for the cyberq (as well as other things).

UPDATE: I just saw the "11.8" at the top of the screen shot, so I assume you just provided a screenshot from a user's guide, but my advice/warning is still valid

Last edited:
Back