When making burnt ends for comps ?

Cliff H.

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
How do you guys fit them in with time allowed before turn in ?

Do you seperate the flat from the point before resting ?

Do you smoke two briskets. One for flat turn in and one for burnt ends ?

Am I making sense ?

If you leave the brisket and flat intact for resting which would be the prefered method then there is no time to make burnt ends......Is there ?

Maybe if you cut the point in half and leave half of it attatched to the flat.

I seperate the flat and point before cooking. You could cook two packers, one seperated one not, if you like the full packer cook.

I cook on one pit so my briskets are resting for a good time which would give me time to seperate them anyway. I'll never turn a box in again without endz after the shoe leather flat garnered a 7th place finish thanks to the tasty tasty endz. :)

I usually use the very end of the point. It already has some good char on it. Will cut off a hunk, cube it, throw it back on the grill at high heat untill it gets to the point I like it and pull right before boxing the slices.

I like to split the packers before I start cooking... I treat both the flat and points the same until it comes time to rest, that's when I cube the points, put them in a hotel pan with extra seasoning and sauce and put them back on the cooker for another hour or two...

Back