Contest Results Bronson, FL--FBA

The_Kapn

Moderator Emeritus

Batch Image
Reaction score
Well, this one is in the books.

Full results at:
2nd Annual "Bark-N-Purr" Charity Concert & BBQ Cook-Off Bronson, FL (FBA)

Congrats to Bubba, Rub, Myron, and all the teams that took something home.

We picked up a few TOTY points and dollars and that is about all.
A 4th in Ribs, 8th in Pork, and 8th Overall is the best I could do in a high scoring event.
Did learn some more cooking lessons and that is always good.

We had the pleasure of spending some time with J-Mack Cookers who are on their "winter tour" from up north. :lol:
Great folks.

I always try to be upbeat and postive about events, but this one needs some fine tuning if it is to survive for next year.
Actually, some major changes.
But, that is next year--I wish them the best.

Congrats to all that walked in this one.

TIM

Thanks guys, and congrats to you too Tim. You and the missus had a real good showing. Of course also to Bubba, and all the others who got a (quick) call.
Hopefully with some coaching this contest will be able to do better in the future. Honestly from my perspective, the awards were the only area that were a little helter-skelter. But I did hear some concerns from others that need to be looked at. I have confidence that they'll pull it together. :wink:

A big Congrats to Bub-ba-Q on his 5th grand of the year...only two more to go to get that automatic into the Jack.:wink: Also, props to Rub for the Reserve and all the other great teams that placed! I'd like to give a special shout out to my boy Foy with Barbeque Crew for his 1st in chicken...as you said in Winter Haven - "you're back".:wink:

Tim- I would have to agree with your sentiments about the contest. Beings that this was my 1st pro contest, I was kind of disappointed in the organization,etc.:frown: I can gurantee that my contest will be night and day to this one.

Sorry I didn't get to meet you there brother- it would've been nice to put a face with the name and thank you in person for the hook up on the CAB's.

Thanks Damon. Great job for you to my friend just when we all thought you were not listen. Congrats to all that got those lightening fast calls.

Foy

Congrats. to Bubba and Rub with the great finish and also the rest that got calls in the guickest award ceremony I have ever been to. I also agree with everyone they have to make some serious changes to this contest if they want the teams to come back there.

Hey- I just realized...I Got Wood! Took me a while- lol. Let me go tell the Missus.:lol:

Back