Thermos works smoker wsm help

Trunks

Take a breath!
Reaction score
I drilled holes in my 22 WSM for my other thermo works probes. The new smoker probes have a section near the end that's thicker then the wiring, how the heck do I run my thermo smoke probs in? If I drilled a larger hole once that big section went thru it would leave a gap around the wiring ?

Please help please ! Large cook tomorrow

just make sure it is made for high temps... don't want it to melt .

Does your WSM not have the rubber gasket for wires? I have not looked at the Smoke probes but assume they should fit. If not, I would just open up the hole. It does not need to be air tight to get a good cook on. What size hole are you needing to make? >1/2"?

Well no chance in getting that today , would a standard hardware store have the rubber part?

My wsm is an older model did come with anything. This blows ha I really wanted to use it tomorrow

Perhaps, but I would call first. You could also take it in through the charcoal door.

It would make taking the lid off a bit more complicated

Yeah ageee , the door is sealed really noce so I lm not sure that would work.

Where can I order the rubber Weber part?

on my wsm 14.5 I have a dedicated opening sealed with a rubber gasket.
but on the kettle, when I need to continuously check the temp, I run the probe wire thru the vents

Until you increase the existing hole to approximately 0.375 diameter for the new probe clearance, why not just run the cable underneath the lid, being careful when closing?

You can order replacement gaskets on Amazon. It won't help you for now but in the future you should be good to go

Yeah ageee , the door is sealed really noce so I lm not sure that would work.

Where can I order the rubber Weber part?

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Weber-Replacement-Grommet-Mountain-Cookers/dp/B0131L1P8A/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483847089&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=weber+rubber+thermometer+connector"]Amazon.com : Weber #85037 Replacement Grommet for Weber Smokey Mountain Cookers : Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

Sweet! Thanks fellas , I ordered just not sure what I am going to do tomorrow ? Should I try the fire door as high up as possible?

I'm a little late to the game, but I bought a cheap grinder at Menards and then did the notch mod. Works awesome. After I ground it down, put a couple of dabs of high heat paint over the exposed metal, which all of my cooks have sealed as well. I can run numerous probe wires through the notch.

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?37566-Cutting-Notch-in-18-5-WSM/page2

Back