Zero Gravity Chairs

Teamfour

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I need to buy some new zero gravity chairs to sleep in at comps. I don't want to spend the $$$ again for Lafumas. Does anyone have a recommendation for a less expensive brand?

Costco and/or Sams sells a version around me for about $50. I bought one a few years back and really like it. Had a drink holder in it. I just wish I hadn't left it at a competition :becky:.

Try SAMs.

Also, you might want to sit in them as some brands are not as wide as others, and some are just not as comfortable as others.

wallace

Look for one of the "big boy" models, they've got a lot more room in them. I bought one at Sports Authority on sale a few years ago, I think that the brand name is "Alpine", it's worked for me.

Be sure to check the weight rating on the tag - some of the cheapies only go up to 200 pounds :shock:.

Kohl's has a super nice wide model with cushioned inserts and a built in memory foam pillow, 60% off , think they were marked $75.
Cabelas discontinued their name brand model.with nice wooden arms, mine broke, I took it back and they replaced it with a all plastic model.
I see the cabelas link above shows the one with nice wooden arms but the cabelas I went to said they don't carry that one anymore.

The grocery stores in my area will start selling them at a discount between now and when school starts back. Got some last year from Lowes Foods for $30.

I need to buy some new zero gravity chairs to sleep in at comps. I don't want to spend the $$$ again for Lafumas. Does anyone have a recommendation for a less expensive brand?

Walmart. They got them for $33. They are awesome.

I agree not all ZG chairs are the same, some are much more comfortable than others. Best to check them out in person if you can. I remember liking the one at Bass Pro Shops but not the one sold at Academy. The BPS was $20 more...figures.:rolleyes:

for my personal taste, I went with a mesh back AG Chair. I spent a bit more and got one like this:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Faulkner-Recliner-Green-Mesh-Padded/dp/B000NNHXYU/ref=sr_1_5?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1375536965&sr=1-5&keywords=Faulkner"]Amazon.com: Faulkner XL Recliner Green Mesh with Padded Arms: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

Though the padded versions are comfortable, on a hot day, you sit on a padded chair and you'll get even hotter due to lack of air movement I believe. The mesh ones seem to just be cooler to sit on for a while. Just my own opinion.

I have 2 from cabellas- big boys The cord just broke in one but it was several years old Would buy from them again

I got one off of EBay from a guy in CA... he has a store there. If I remember right it was like $45 with free shipping. I was wondering about the quality of it, but decided to bight the bullet... glad I did. A really nice chair.

Just do a search and do the buy now, with prices from the lowest and you should be able to find him.

for my personal taste, I went with a mesh back AG Chair. I spent a bit more and got one like this:

Amazon.com: Faulkner XL Recliner Green Mesh with Padded Arms: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Though the padded versions are comfortable, on a hot day, you sit on a padded chair and you'll get even hotter due to lack of air movement I believe. The mesh ones seem to just be cooler to sit on for a while. Just my own opinion.

Other than the color, that looks just like the one I bought from Cabela's...

picture.php

CD

Back