Slow Cooked Lamb Shoulder

that looks great! question...why 2 more hours after it probed tender? I know with a pork shoulder, once it probes tender, I take it off, and rest.

The shoulder meat tastes a little sweeter and is fattier, the leg is slightly stronger and a bit leaner.
I cannot for the life of me pick a favorite between them, I always love the one I am eating best.

I could not argue that statement, spot on I believe.
Legs are a bit lean at the moment due to sales of Spring Lamb

that looks great! question...why 2 more hours after it probed tender? I know with a pork shoulder, once it probes tender, I take it off, and rest.

No reason other than that's what I believe works with this lamb,
Lets all the rubbery bits melt into sweet jam, just the way I have done it.
Might try to cut some next time at the mark and try,

Titch, that looks freakin' awesome. I would eat a whole loaf of butter bread with that pie!

No reason other than that's what I believe works with this lamb,
Lets all the rubbery bits melt into sweet jam, just the way I have done it.
Might try to cut some next time at the mark and try,

still a good bit of fat to render even once it probes tender...good to know

Oh, man that looks so good. I am totally stealing this lamb Shepard's pie idea.

We had leftovers last night which I believe was better than the original cook.
The Lamb Bark had a crunch to it and the Cheese and Bacon in the mash seemed to meld better.
Or maybe I was sober:thumb:

Looks amazing Titch - well done, sir. I've been meaning to try this for ages. Are there a lot of bones to remove with the boned in variety? Around here, most of the shoulder roasts are boneless and very expensive, so I'm wondering if it's worth it to look for boned in.

Also - what pellets did you use? I'm guessing that your famous banskia pods don't come in that form or maybe they do?

That is one of the best looking dishes I have ever seen. Fan-farking-tastic!

Looks amazing Titch - well done, sir. I've been meaning to try this for ages. Are there a lot of bones to remove with the boned in variety? Around here, most of the shoulder roasts are boneless and very expensive, so I'm wondering if it's worth it to look for boned in.

Also - what pellets did you use? I'm guessing that your famous banskia pods don't come in that form or maybe they do?

Thank you
One hell of a waste with the bones , 2/3 gets binned in weight.
I tried making stock out of lamb bones but find them too strong.
The bones pulled very easy

Back