View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 04:52 AM   #75
mikes1212
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrillsGoneWild View Post
At 225 I wouldn't think you would have a lot of evaporation so I wouldn't worry about having to add more water. In my cabinet smoker, I start with water and when it evaporates I just run it dry to the finish. I have a small pan for water, so you probably can run yours all night and then when you get up in the morning add some water then.
That's what I figured I would be doing. I will add some water after I get to temp, and just before bed, and then add a more after I wake up in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrillsGoneWild View Post
How many lit coals do you dump in your firebox and what size fan do you use with your guru? I'm looking at upgrading my cabinet smoker and your product is at the top of the list. Especially since I can pop down to Conroe to pick it up.
Hey GGW - Not to speak for Chris but I'm pretty sure he is using a BBQ Guru set-up with a 25 CFM fan.

Here are the links:
DigiQ DX2
2" Ball Valve Adaptor
Pit Bull (25 CFM Fan)

I already have a 10 CFM Fan that is a few years old. I will using that for now, but I'm sure the 25 CFM Fan will blow more air to assist with getting those temps up before your cook, and during at a much faster rate.
Lonely Charbroil Infrared Gasser and Quick Read Thermapen
[B]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/B]
mikes1212 is offline   Reply With Quote