Craigs List team add?

D

Derek

Is it kosher to put an add on craigs list to find team mates with a truck, and a few other smokers? for the Traverse city area?

I like to get my team built...

If you look enuff you can get hookers on Craigs list why not BBQers ?

If you look enuff you can get hookers on Craigs list why not BBQers ?
True true, But I need them to be dedicated such as my self, I want to porduce aulity meats and nothing you give your dog...

Or a neibor you don't like!

LOL.

Derek...bro, some of your posts amaze me... :confused:

You're hoping to find potential teammates that have a truck and smokers in the BBQ hotbed of Traverse City, MI on Craigslist ??? AND you expect them to be part of YOUR team with a high level of dedication and BBQ skills ? :doh:

Longshot...To me, it sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, but go for it and let us know how it goes. :roll:

Best of luck bro.

Is it kosher to put an add on craigs list to find team mates with a truck, and a few other smokers? for the Traverse city area?

I like to get my team built...

bro, you may want to start off as a team of 1. its hard to get a group of people to agree on anything that is "artistic". Add on top your request for cookers etc, it makes it even harder.

have you ever entered a contest? have you ever been to a contest?

just because you read about it or see it on T.V. doesnt me you can just " do it".

best of luck with your team, bro. but maybe you should P.B. for someone else for experiance before jumping in head first.

Derek...bro, some of your posts amaze me... :confused:

You're hoping to find potential teammates that have a truck and smokers in the BBQ hotbed of Traverse City, MI on Craigslist ??? AND you expect them to be part of YOUR team with a high level of dedication and BBQ skills ? :doh:

Longshot...To me, it sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, but go for it and let us know how it goes. :roll:

Best of luck bro.
Thanks decided not to do it bro, Too many dangers as you guys pointed out. I may go to the cattle sub forum and ask some of the Mi people what they think?

bro, you may want to start off as a team of 1. its hard to get a group of people to agree on anything that is "artistic". Add on top your request for cookers etc, it makes it even harder.

have you ever entered a contest? have you ever been to a contest?

just because you read about it or see it on T.V. doesnt me you can just " do it".

best of luck with your team, bro. but maybe you should P.B. for someone else for experiance before jumping in head first.
hey bro.

I've been to one contest and it's in my blood now, thanks to Jerry who let me on his team to mentor.

And I love it a lot, I am doing a july 4th one and a september 10th one for ribs and wings only. So wish me luck.

By the way I may let fate pick my team mates and not craigs list.

Thanks decided not to do it bro, Too many dangers as you guys pointed out. I may go to the cattle sub forum and ask some of the Mi people what they think?

hey bro.

I've been to one contest and it's in my blood now, thanks to Jerry who let me on his team to mentor.

And I love it a lot, I am doing a july 4th one and a september 10th one for ribs and wings only. So wish me luck.

By the way I may let fate pick my team mates and not craigs list.

hey sis.

Dont listen to these guys. They have no clue, especially Vinny. He doesn't compete and is still sour that he lost his teammate and couldn't find a new one . Maybe if he had tried craigslist Bad Bones would still be on the circuit competing to this day. I say go for it! You got nothing to lose. You exchange some emails, meet them in person and do some practice cooks together. I am sure that there are many others out there just like you that are scared to do it on their own and would if they had a dedicated teammate such as yourself

hey sis.

Dont listen to these guys. They have no clue, especially Vinny. He doesn't compete and is still sour that he lost his teammate and couldn't find a new one . Maybe if he had tried craigslist Bad Bones would still be on the circuit competing to this day. I say go for it! You got nothing to lose. You exchange some emails, meet them in person and do some practice cooks together. I am sure that there are many others out there just like you that are scared to do it on their own and would if they had a dedicated teammate such as yourself

Derek - maybe you can make it to the New Holland Summerfest in New Holland, PA in late August... I won't be competing (but may try to be there to heckle Sled and eat the ice cream from the Amish ice cream "vender"). I helped him a few years ago when he took my spot after I "retired" due to him dropping my chicken in the dirt and cost me a GC.

Maybe he can use a teammate equally as competitive ? I'd PM him for details.

Derek - maybe you can make it to the New Holland Summerfest in New Holland, PA in late August... I won't be competing (but may try to be there to heckle Sled and eat the ice cream from the Amish ice cream "vender"). I helped him a few years ago when he took my spot after I "retired" due to him dropping my chicken in the dirt and cost me a GC.

lol be nice kids :becky:

Derek - maybe you can make it to the New Holland Summerfest in New Holland, PA in late August... I won't be competing (but may be there to heckle Sled and eat the ice cream from the Amish ice cream "vender",). I helped him a few years ago when he took my spot after I "retired"due to him dropping my chicken in the dirt and cost me a GC.

Derek is more than welcome to come and be mentored in New Holland, I will even give him a discount on the fee :-D That chicken dropping was an accident :wink:

Hey Derek-

I would think it would be easier to find some team members through the GLBBQA than on craigslist.
But then again I never really had any success finding anyone through the PNWBA when I started out, and just ended up cooking by myself. People used to razz me for working the "cooking class circuit", but trying to find individuals that share the passion you have can be tough.
If any teams will take you in as a dishwasher/runner/PB-take them up on it, or volunteer to help out at a contest-most events are volunteer driven anyway, and its a good way to meet other teams/judges etc. and get recognized-you never know, you could find someone in common that is looking for the same goal as you.

Hey Derek,
I might know of somone in the Silver Lake/Mears area that might be interested. Haven't talked with the guy since last year....but let me try to track him down and see if he has any interest in hooking up.

Try the internet dating sites...you might get lucky...twice! :twisted: Just kidding bro...good luck! :becky:

Back