• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Boston Butt and Chicken Halves

Bigrolltide1877

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Cooking a boston butt and a couple of chicken halves today. Using soaked cherry and pecan wood. (Warning picture heavy.)

Cutting the whole chicken into halves bout a 3.5 pounder.

Used a herb type rub.

Prepping the 4.3 pound bb yes is pretty small

Used a kansas city rub (My rub mix)

I ended up injecting the BB and i thought about putting some of the injection in the foil once i warp it im wondering how that would turn out.

Thanks for looking i will update once i throw um on the smoker later on today.

Chicken halves is one of my favorite ways to do chicken. Share when you are done too :-D

What are we cook'n on?
:pop2:

Char Broil offset from walmart. works pretty good the only complaint i have is the temp gauge. It has the warm,ideal,hot gauge wished i would have payed more attention when i bought it. but im not complaing holds temps pretty good usually run it where the needle is straight in the middle. 225-250 range. but thats a guess.

I have a couple of these and they are very useful, especially for the price.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Taylor-1470-Digital-Cooking-Thermometer/dp/B00004XSC5"]Amazon.com: Taylor 1470 Digital Cooking Thermometer/Timer: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

Or, just jump in and get a dual probe unit.:thumb:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Maverick-Remote-Wireless-Thermometer-ET-73/dp/B0044FFUMK"]Amazon.com: Maverick Remote Smoker Dual Probe Wireless Thermometer ET-73: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

Keep the pr0n coming.:mrgreen:

For some reason here lately every time i use kingsford it seems like it doesn't last as long as royal oak. Put the chicken on about 3:30 and man the Butt is looking good.

Finally got it all finished up. Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures. :(

Pork butt

Pulled Pork

Chicken

and finally the full plate

The chicken didnt turn out the way i wanted it to but i know what i did wrong. Overall it was very good. :mrgreen:

Does the bark need to be off the wood? I've heard it can cause a bitter taste.

Does the bark need to be off the wood? I've heard it can cause a bitter taste.

I usually leave the bark on. Ive never had problems with the bark on i haven't got a bitter taste in the meat.

I really liked the combo of Pecan and Cherry but i wish it had a little bit more of a smoke flavor. but that's just me.

Back