Franklin BBQ experience

next business trip to tx i'm going there. meetings be damned!

I'd say anybody who has the opportunity to check Franklin's out should do so. Mind blowing brisket & I really liked the sausage as well. If you know what you're getting into as far as the wait goes and prepare for it, it's all good. We got there at 8am and were about 35th in line - got served around noon. I would definitely do it again.

John Mueller's is also fantastic. I haven't been to La Barbecue or Stiles Switch but they are also supposed to be great as well.

Last time I had read something about La Barbeque it made it sound like the wait times there aren't nearly as long. But that was a while ago - anyone know whether the wait times have gotten more like it is at Franklin's?

Last time I had read something about La Barbeque it made it sound like the wait times there aren't nearly as long. But that was a while ago - anyone know whether the wait times have gotten more like it is at Franklin's?

Just a guess, but I think the wait times at Franklin's are by far longer than the other places. We went to John Mueller's an hour before it opened on a Sunday and we were the second group in line, so the overall time investment was a lot less - and the food there is absolutely incredible.

I have done all 4 of the ones listed, although J. Mueller was when it was the old place (before it was La Barbecue). I did Franklin when the line was only about an hour on a non-weekend, and I still would never do it again. I am not into tailgating (and even less so with the typical Austin crowd), so the experience is lost on me. Similar length line (an hour) wasn't as bad at Pecan Lodge since it was inside and was a very different clientele. Now that they are moving to a standalone building, I will not do that one again either. IMO, there is simply not enough differentiation between the product of these places or many others in North and Central TX to warrant the wait and the price.

I have it on good word Pecan got a FruFru since the move they now have a House Craft beer and a $$$$ wine menu with garden and indoor dining. Don't figure my tobacco spitin, finger eatin, use my bandanna for a slop rag, Beer belching self would be to welcome & I just might have to take out a Second mortgage to eat there or bring my splitin maul.

I have it on good word Pecan got a FruFru since the move they now have a House Craft beer and a $$$$ wine menu with garden and indoor dining. Don't figure my tobacco spitin, finger eatin, use my bandanna for a slop rag, Beer belching self would be to welcome & I just might have to take out a Second mortgage to eat there or bring my splitin maul.

Just back the car in and leave the motor running. :spy:

Back