• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Second Thanksgiving

daninnewjersey

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
So I went with the pork loin for our second Thanksgiving (so we could get the families together). Cut it into 4 pieces to get more end cuts, and because half the guests wanted oven roasted instead (I know...crazy right??). Anyway, minimally trimmed them, simple rub and tie, and into a 300 degree smoker (and 275 oven). Can't remember the cooking time but might have been an hour and a half or 2 hrs (was on my second bottle of red when I started cooking haha). Cranked up the heat at the end to get a bit of a crust. No cut up pics since my guests were as hungry as a pack of hyenas.

Lat pic obviously isn't barbecue....just a nice morning pic while we were duck hunting...

Last edited:
Nice looking loin.

Not wanting to highjack your thread but what good does it do to tie the pork? I've saw several people do this.

Nice looking loin.

Not wanting to highjack your thread but what good does it do to tie the pork? I've saw several people do this.

Tieing up bigger pieces of meat make it so that the meat is uniform throughout instead of having thinner pieces towards the end. This will make it so that the meat will cook more evenly throughout.

Tieing up bigger pieces of meat make it so that the meat is uniform throughout instead of having thinner pieces towards the end. This will make it so that the meat will cook more evenly throughout.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Plus, it makes for a nice, semi-fancy presentation with as little work as possible....:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Looks delicious!! Beautiful sunrise...hope your duck hunt was successful too. :grin:

Thanks, was not sure why it was done.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Plus, it makes for a nice, semi-fancy presentation with as little work as possible....:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I'm still trying for edible, I'll worry about semi-fancy later...lol

Nice looking loin.

Thank you for asking, Ilearned something also.

Pics look amazing and tasty! Can't wait to try one for myself

Great looking pork. How did the hunt go?

My buddy got one black duck and I missed a drake mallard. No big deal though....I just like being out there.

I'm still trying for edible, I'll worry about semi-fancy later...lol

I can tell you in my limited time on this site, I've found like anything else....cooking over and over and over will eventually get you making barbecue people really like. Start with the cheaper stuff like pork and chicken, dial your smoker in, then add the more expensive stuff. At least that's how it's working with me....and I actually have people buying my stuff now....:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Back