• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Picking a name...

B

bbqstudent

Last year I did some vending with just a gasser and a couple used Weber grills. Everything was last minute and kinda as a joke the name was Chuckles Chicken "Gone Legit". I've decided to take the business more serious and am revamping the name and logo. I want to focus more on catering as appose to vending so I think something more professional is in order. Also I'm no longer just grilling chicken as the name might otherwise imply. At this point I'm tossing around:

Slow Smokin BBQ Company
Tasteful Smoke BBQ Company
Good Times BBQ Company
Tasty Smoke N' Grill
Smokin Stone's BBQ Company
Fox Vallley BBQ Company
Midwest BBQ Company

For the logo I'd like to have a stack with smoke coming out that forms the first part of the name with "BBQ Company" placed underneath.

Any input is welcome.

I like Fox Valley BBQ Company. It gives some ownership of the region. Will make the customer feel like he is buying from his home.

take your time very important decision.when i first opened my carry out pizza joint.the building was a barn shed type building we called it (pizza barn)when i opened a sit down joint and expanded the menu we shortned it to just (the barn).when it burnt down and had to move back into the little building we renamed it (the little barn)when i closed it down and thought i was done in the raunt biz:roll: i reopened my doing just bbq i named it (still smokin bbq) in memory of my old building.because when it burnt down there was still q in my smoker smoking.till this day im still known as pizza barn rick:!: if you ask how to get to still smokin bbq you will be directed to the pizza barn with the still smokin bbq sign out front.:mad:take your time think it out good dont get to elaborate with logo desins it just cost to much most of thr time to put it on your stuff i like keeping it simple. i like fox valley bbq as long as the name ties to a certain location that people can idenify with like local landmark etc.if i went to a place called fox valley bbq i would think of a place with all those micro brew beers with funny names. would tie in good.

wife says she likes the bbq company at the end. of whatever name.but likes slow smokin the best.

I like Fox Valley. I would suggest more of a tavern sign logo than something cartoony. It allows you to be just good bbq, but also lets you do something more later if you want to.

I like Fox Valley. I would suggest more of a tavern sign logo than something cartoony. It allows you to be just good bbq, but also lets you do something more later if you want to.

what he said:-D

The first name that jumped out for me was Fox Valley as well.

In your logo, maybe utilize some of the things that the Fox Valley area is famous for if there is someway to work it in. Know what I mean?

It looks like the area there by Oshkosh is known as Fox Valley.

So "Fox Valley BBQ" might be the best way to go.
or
"Fox River BBQ" or "Fond du Lac BBQ"
Or you could get a little crazy and call it
"Cheese Head BBQ"

Whatever you choose; don't make it too long...because it will
probably be put on banners and maybe door magnets for your
car.

the first thing that came to my mind was a sly fox w/ a lone ranger mask sneaking food off of the pit or tending the pit.:lol:

These are great suggestions. I notice that your area is rich with Native American history. That might be an angle as well.

Fox Valley BBQ Co would sorta kill the logo idea which I do want to keep very basic. I kinda like the idea of Fox River BBQ Co rather than Valley just because it encompasses a larger area. Then I think of how polluted the river is and that's a mental turnoff. :roll: :-D Decisions, decisions. The input is welcome guys, keep it coming.

Smokin Packers BBQ

Show some pigs cookin and rubbin up some Brisket packers. Double meanings work.

Fox Valley. I see a fox in a chefs hat and apron chasing a pig.:p

I live in the Fox Valley also and there are a lot of companies here with that in their name. I would think of something more original. I know there is a Fox River Catering Company already here, so I would stay away from that also. Using Indian names is not really too PC right now either, but how about "Winnebago BBQ Co."? Oshkosh is on Lake Winnebago, so it makes sense. 8)

Back