Pulled Pork Tacos

C

charliesarmy

I am making Pulled Pork tacos and Nachos this weekend.....

I am looking for tips on rub and then ideas for best prep...

I will have pron pics as I go..... my 15 month old little girl will be taking part of her first smoke.... last fall her first words were 'hot' when we were out smoking a butt for a Notre Dame Game

Okay, just off the top of my head. I'm making this up as I go...

1/2 cup kosher salt
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 c garlic
1/4 c onion
1/4 c chili powder
2 T black pepper
2 T ancho powder
1/2 t cumin
1/2 t cayenne

Or you can adapt the tacos to BBQ. One of my favorite uses of pulled pork leftovers is

- Filla taco shell with pulled pork
- Top with a sauce made from hot sauce (I use tapatio). Basically replace the vinegar with the Hot Sauce and skip the addition of crushed red pepper unless you want to add more heat. I even a little bit of ketchup in the Western NC style. I like to call this stuff Southwest NC Sauce but I think I'm the only person who likes the name.
- Sprinkle on some cheese
- Top with coleslaw
- Eat
- Repeat

I think ABT's would be a good starter for the tacos..... is there a way to search for the link on best suggestions on making these

I think ABT's would be a good starter for the tacos..... is there a way to search for the link on best suggestions on making these

probably

(smart ass mod)
here's a link
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/search.php?searchid=805427

i take a jalapeno and slice it lengthwise
remove the seeds and as much of the membrane as you like
fill the inside with cream cheese
wrap with bacon and secure with a non-colored toothpick
sprinkle on rub
put on smoker until bacon is done

some people add cayenne pepper to the cream cheese. the first one's i made followed what i think is the original concept. put a little smokie on top of the cream cheese prior to applying the bacon wrap. i didn't like that one as well and opted for what i described above. good luck.

How about inviting some Mexican oregano to the party? At least for the second seasoning of the meat....

Back