• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Hotdogs in ground beef and BACON

mattdean1003

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So, I decided to try something that I've deep fried before with incredible results but this time introducing a little bit of hickory and oak to it. I took some ground beef and basically made mini fatties, about a half pound of ground beef rolled out flat. I put in a Ball Park, my favorite store brand hot dog, rolled it up in the ground beef, then rolled THAT in bacon. I dusted it with a little Smokey Bourbon seasoning from Academy. I present to you the triple bypass:

Drink of choice is a Newcastle for the current smoke.

...........FARK! I forgot to put cheese in with it! Hmm. I do have some homemade cheese sauce from the broccoli and cheese we made last night. Nah, I'll just wait and make sure I have cheese on hand the next time I do it.

EVERY SINGLE TIME I want to smoke something, Bogart turns into a high wind zone. Smoker starts drawing, temp settles in, a high wind comes up and blows ALL the smoke down the stack and out the firebox. OK, time for Newcastle #3...

Hot dog and ground beef and bacon - oh my. You have invented a new improved hot dog bun.

Here's the end result!

They're DELICIOUS. I agree cheese would have made it better but...these little hot dawgs are really good. As they were finishing up I cranked the heat up to semi crisp the bacon and tossed on a French loaf (ready to bake...cheated, I know). So, We have the meat, the bread, and macaroni/cheese. No bun needed..just sliced through it and cut it with my fork.

Fark yeah!! I'm stealing that.

About the wind blowing down the stack, you can slip a piece of flex pipe over it and bend in a 90* angle and then you can spin it any direction opposite the wind.

Nice!!! Maybe we can build on that: add cheese, maybe make it a breakfast dish and some sausage, egg hmmm.

I'd do that. I am going to do that next time :grin:

Back