Please Help: Brisket

42BBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Ok folks I'll keep it brief. 5# brisket flat on the drum. I'm up against a time constraint due to kickoff at my brother's house in ONE HOUR. I've had it on for about 5 hours, the last flat this size was overdone at about 6.5 hours. I know every brisket is a little different. How much is my overall product going to suffer is I pull this thing off the smoker, cooler it, and finish at his house in the oven? Thanks in advance.

What is the temp on the flat? I would think you would be fine to foil and put in a warm cooler until you can finish in the oven.

Just checked temp, about 170 in the thickest part of the flat. Thanks for the help. I gotta split so I'm going to finish at 225 in the oven. So far she looks beautiful.

I've had to finish them in the oven. Foil it, set the oven to 250, make the house smell gooooooood......

Foil it tightly, put in 250 oven and run the internal temp to 195.

Hub

P.S. Since it's just a flat, I highly recommend adding some liquid to the foil.
Coke or Dr. Pepper (no diet) are easy and great. Beef consomme or broth
are good, too (in that order of preference).

John

1/2 a cup of Beef broth with it in foil and you will be good. Put it in the oven then check it for Probe going in like Butter.

Edit: Oh I'm late enough hope the brisket was good!!!!

Thanks all for the input, finished in the oven, very good but not great like I hoped. Oh well, only second one. Gotta go for a whole packer next time, I don't seem to have any luck with flats.

Back