Marshall, MO Rotary Club Cookoff

PigBoy

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
This is a good contest with a good forecast for the weather so far- like you can trust that! Who's going? Should be a great time!

Due to me having a medical procedure ran next Friday, we had to change our plans and skip this contest as well......We're really wanting to get a competition in as soon as possible...and Marshall was the plan....but not now.....so maybe Warsaw the following week or non sanctioned contest at Fulton.
I will be there with you in spirit, as soon as the anesthesia wears off!!

This is a good contest with a good forecast for the weather so far- like you can trust that! Who's going? Should be a great time!

I am assuming that Rotary is sponsoring the event as a fund raiser.

We have thought of a BBQ cookoff as a Rotary fund raiser here in Vermont; however, we can't see a way to make much, if any, money on it. As I understand it, a KCBS offical event does not allow for spectator's sampling any BBQ.

How is the event structured to make any money?

I hope the weather cooperates!

I'm looking forward to seeing everybody!

Does anyone have the contact info for this? I was thinking of seeing if they need more judges.

I got it at work Jamie. Call me. BTW Congrats on your walks this weekend!!

Spice

Was thinking of doing a Brethren Breakfast at Camp Plowboy for this comp. Got some great bisquits I need to use. Or how about a Friday night Brethren Potluck?

our wifes are going to columbia mo for an womens conference so me and paul have to do the dad thing this weekend and clean the 1/2 inch of mud out of the trailer from jeff Mo

good luck to all brothers hope the weather holds for all

york

our wifes are going to columbia mo for an womens conference so me and paul have to do the dad thing this weekend and clean the 1/2 inch of mud out of the trailer from jeff Mo

good luck to all brothers hope the weather holds for all

york
My dictionary says: Dadthing- One who gets a babysitter so he can go to Marshall and cook a contest while the wives go shopping.:-D

We will be there...Wishing for better weather for this one:p

You guys that cooked in Jeff City scare me, You'll probably have blood in your eyes! Can't wait to see everyone!

I am assuming that Rotary is sponsoring the event as a fund raiser.

We have thought of a BBQ cookoff as a Rotary fund raiser here in Vermont; however, we can't see a way to make much, if any, money on it. As I understand it, a KCBS offical event does not allow for spectator's sampling any BBQ.

How is the event structured to make any money?

As a Rotarian and BBQer I've had this same thought. Would love to know how it's set up and run!

I've e-mailed the POC on their Web page and asked if he wouldn't mind sharing their start-up secrets. I'll share if he allows.

Arlin

The Rotary Club runs the rock and Ribs BBQ contest in Springfield at the Bass Pro Shops mother store. It's their 8th year, and seems to be very successful.

http://www.rocknribs.com/

Heard on the Marshall radio station today they are soliciting volunteer judges for the contest! WTF! Here we go again!

Heard on the Marshall radio station today they are soliciting volunteer judges for the contest! WTF! Here we go again!

Dont tell me this....I already lived last weekend with no CBJ's....

I judged this three years before we first cooked it. They always had 25% students from the college. That was back in 2000-2002, I think. Things may have changed.

Ah Marshall memories... Bunny Tuttle chewin' my ass at my very first contest as a judge in front of everyone. I love the gal, but she did not start off right with me. She appologized to me a couple of years later. Bunny and Rich are two of the very best reps KCBS has. They are great.

I judged this three years before we first cooked it. They always had 25% students from the college. That was back in 2000-2002, I think. Things may have changed.

Ah Marshall memories... Bunny Tuttle chewin' my ass at my very first contest as a judge in front of everyone. I love the gal, but she did not start off right with me. She appologized to me a couple of years later. Bunny and Rich are two of the very best reps KCBS has. They are great.

They are one of the few best reps that we know...Always love cooking contest that they rep..A wonderful cooking team at that.

Back