Target store BBQ clearance sale recon

charrederhead

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
It's getting to be that time again, Brethren, when good deals can be had at Target on Weber kettles and general BBQ accessories.

I know it's a little early but I figured I'd take a look-see at one of the 2 nearby stores.

As expected, nothing was marked down yet (last year's thread re: the sale was from Aug. 24th), but what was disappointing was that the overall BBQ merchandise stock was MUCH less than last year. :sad:

I'll check the other store soon and report back...I'm wondering if this may be a chain-wide thing due to better sales this year (doubt it) or less inventory to begin with, or maybe stuff is still in back, or maybe it's just the situation in that particular store. What...I should have asked someone? :rolleyes:

Here's the thread from last year w/ the great deals scored and a link to the "secret" Target clearance-markdown policy:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-142342.html

We just got Target up here in the great white north. Looking forward to the clearance items! :mrgreen:

hey take off eh!! Up here eh, garden sections are good.

Love target, I am close to Buffalo so we head there often. And I get that cheap water stuff in the USA that you sell as beer. Up here beer has alcohol in it.

Sorry, back to target, was at the ones in Orlando last week with no luck as well

hey take off eh!! Up here eh, garden sections are good.

Love target, I am close to Buffalo so we head there often. And I get that cheap water stuff in the USA that you sell as beer. Up here beer has alcohol in it.

Sorry, back to target, was at the ones in Orlando last week with no luck as well

:clap2::clap2::clap2::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I get that cheap water stuff in the USA that you sell as beer. Up here beer has alcohol in it.

SNAP!

That was funny right there. I don't care WHO you are. That was funny.:thumb:

Always thought the name for our most popular, Buzzwater, was an oxymoron, myself.

Checked it out yesterday, They're selling the OTS for $80.xx

Not bad for someone looking to get one. Regular price is $120.xx up here in Canucksville.

Didn't have very much time to look at anything else. Going to go back on the weekend to see if they mark stuff down further.

last year, the target dropped the price of the OTS to 50 bucks. Wally world had it for 60. Either way, it was a good day.

Went today to a different one than in first post. No grills or grates marked down yet, but lots of peripherals were 50% off, including brushes, wireless therm.s, knives, racks, spatulas, etc. etc.

Smokey Joe Jumbo 18 inch was $55.xx, regular was close to $80CDN.

Anyone done a smokey joe jumbo tall mod? It would almost be the same as the WSM!

At the Atlanta store on Sidney Marcus, they had two jumbo joes for $42 each. 18.5 grates were $5 off. Other discounts on knives, rib racks, etc.

FYI - Menards had a lot of grill/bbq accessories on clearance. Picked up 22.5" grates for less than $6.50 for my next UDS build.

Went to the other nearby Target, which was well-stocked w/ stuff from kettles to accessories. No markdowns on the Weber kettles, but the gassers were 50% off. All the accessories were 50% off here, including the 22.5 and 18.5 hinged grill grates.

I just picked up a Jumbo Joe 1/2 off for $29.98. It was the only Weber kettle product on sale. Most of the Weber accessories were marked down EXCEPT the 22" grates (which is the one thing I really wanted)

boy, makes my 30% off grill brush seem pretty lame lol

but hey, its the one with the scotch brite pad on one side

Canadian update:

Well, looks like I'm the owner of a new OTS! they dropped it one more time from $80 to $57 bucks! Good deal in my books! Coudln't wait any longer plus there was only 3 left. Will look great next to my UDS. Was hoping there would be some Jumbo Joe's left but didn't see any on the shelves. Might have to check out another target.

Also picked up 2 of the blue weber kettle covers. 5 bucks each.

Back