Building a stick burner

thebbqkid

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Starting to build a offset. love my uds but, I want a bigger cooking area, I can't figure how to get pics off my phone to put on here if someone can help that would be great.
Thanks
The kid

Looking forward to seeing those build pics. Can't help you with the phone. Mine doesn't take pictures. I use a camera and download them to photobucket to post on here.

Im currently building a 30"d x 60" offset jambo style cooker... If u got questions i can let u know what i have found so far and how im building mine.

Ya mine is a 64x24 110gal pressure tank. I was going to mount it on a trailer but I don't have the funds right now and my phones a htc hero s

I have an iphone and I just email the pictures to myself, save it to the desktop, and then upload them. I haven't figured out how to do it straight from the phone yet but this way will work.

Last edited:
do the andriod phone have a tapatalk app? thats how i do it from my iphone.

Here she is, not put together yet just set them up to see what it looks like.
IMAG0228.jpg

Nice! Offsets For the win! :clap:

are you doing Tuning Plates? If not may be something you want to consider to help keep those temps even across your whole cooking area.. Your Firebox looks a little small... may want to consider something a little bigger.. better safe than sorry.. Great looking build though!!

I'm going to have to build another fire box the one in the pic is to small ” I did the calculations last night, I'm thinking of having tuning plates half way then make a baffel plate the rest. What do you all think

I'd go with just a baffle plate with holes cut like the ones from Horizon Smokers. I've heard they work great in larger offsets.

I have an iphone and I just email the pictures to myself, save it to the desktop, and then upload them. I haven't figured out how to do it straight from the phone yet but this way will work.

You can use Motocast and a cable to transfer from androids to your computer, but, I usually do like you are doing it now.
It's too easy to email it to me... :becky:

For my fire box I got another tank that's 24”diameter by 27long plenty big for the tank, and I'm using a 4” stack just to get a little more height to show off the stainless ;)

Ordered the steel for the stand yesterday :-D, so pics coming soon :grin:

Heres the first build pic with the new fire box
Legs being welding together made saddles so I wasn't welding right to the tank.
More to come tomorrow:thumb:
IMAG0233.jpg

Back