What would you cook?

dwfisk

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Dave
I'm putting the finishing touches on the rotisserie on my Santa Maria ranch grill and want to do a test run tomorrow (Wednesday). I'm thinking some kind of roast beef, maybe sirloin or round roast, what would you do?

PS: I'll do a post with pics of the build and cook (Landarc I got the real camera out & practiced focusing:thumb:)

My inaugural cook was two 7 lb chickens. The next cook was a 12 lb turkey. I have plans to do a 28 pound bird for Thanksgiving.

I shall taunt you with pr0n!

DSC_7749-PP.JPG

DSC_8122-PP.JPG

:laugh:

Thanks all, great ideas. I found a nice looking 10-1/2# Sirloin Tip Roast on sale!

10 1/2 lbs and it's ONLY the tip? DANG!

It was on sale for $1 off per pound so only $2.69 per pound, about $28 total. The "packed on date" and "sell by date" was on the case, just not marked on the individual portions.

So I'm thinking of setting it up to cook at about 300 degrees, thinking about 20-30 minutes per pound to rare (then lowering down to sear the outside if it needs it) and pulling to rest at about 125 degrees IT. I'm thinking +/-4 hours; any thoughts?
2013-11-19093540_zps52f7ed66.jpg

So I'm thinking of setting it up to cook at about 300 degrees, thinking about 20-30 minutes per pound to rare (then lowering down to sear the outside if it needs it) and pulling to rest at about 125 degrees IT. I'm thinking +/-4 hours; any thoughts?

We can't even count to one hundred and you're asking US?!?

Back