Good morning from North Texas

2kewlgypsy

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Good Morning! I have been smoking meat on an upright New Braunfels for 7-8 years. It is starting to rust out a bit, and I just ordered the Pit Barrel Cooker. Was doing some searches for recipes and times, and came across this site. I know that some on the net don't really consider the Pit Barrel as a smoker, more of a BBQ, but for a family with 5 teens, I am also looking to save some time, and get more done, It isn't often that we have 6-10 hours to tend to a smoker, so liking the "set it and forget it" method, along with the slightly elevated temps.
Cheers and have a great day,
Dave

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

welcome aboard, sit back relax and kick your boots off. The brisket is on the pit and the whiskey is on the counter.

Welcome and don't worry about what people think. You say pit barrel cooker here and the conversation starts. If it makes you happy, that is all that matters.

Welcome to the Brethren! I yelled it...did you hear me? :wink:

Just about! I'm right behind Texas MotorSpeedway. And from exploring around here a bit, I missed some good eats yesterday huh.

Just about! I'm right behind Texas MotorSpeedway. And from exploring around here a bit, I missed some good eats yesterday huh.
Yessir! I get over that way to eat at Mom's place sometimes! Need to work in a visit to Rabbit Hole brewing sometime, too!

Welcome to the Brethren, the best place on the Internet. I look forward to getting to know ya. My parents used to work in the school system in and around Justin, but lived in Denton. You'll find a lot of opinions about the Pit Barrel Cooker and on everything else around here. The only thing we all agree on is we love BBQ. Enjoy your time here!

You're going to love the way you cook, I guarantee it!
Welcome to the Brethren!:thumb:

Sorry for the delay, but Welcome aboard Dave, glad to have you here.

Don't be afraid to look around and explore the other forums.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Back