First Brisket Coming soon!

Charcoal_Addict

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I've read up a lot on tenderness probing briskets and finishing on tenderness vs. temp. That's nailed in the old noggin pretty solid. The only thing I'm having a hard time finding is what tools are people using for probes?

What are my fellow brethren using as brisket probes for their cooks?

The Cow Poker
DSCF0066Modified2.jpg

You don't need anything special. I use one of those cheap ass thermometers that you buy from Wally World. The thermo doesn't even work but it has a long probe and a rounded tip at the end. That's all you need. And no I'm not being dirty guys! Get back to The Wood Pile.

I use my thermapen just because it's always nearby when cooking. You can use whatever you want, just always use the same thing each time. Then you will get a consistent "feel".

I use the temp probe for my mav. 732

Thermapen for me. Makes a great probe and oh yeah it's a pretty good thermometer too! :shock:

I use my yeller thermopen want a be listed in my sig line. It cost $20 and is for air condition work, so don't tell it or it might quit working. Lags about 4 or 5 seconds and that I can live with, considering what I paid for it.

Blessings,
Omar

Thanks guys. I have a Thermapen so I'm good to go in that respect. I ordered a pair Canada Prime Briskets from a Online Butcher in Calgary. Hopefully they'll be here soon.

Back