Dusted off the old Bandera - literally

Brauma

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I've been in full compete mode since the first of the year and my old Bandera was being neglected. I've been practicing on the Egg and pellet smokers and the Bandera was collecting dust.

So this morning I dusted him off - literally - and fired him up. Man, it's like old times. I love to see that blue smoke from the chimney!

I've got two butts and a brisket on. The butts are for an order and the brisket is for me! The butts are rubbed with 3 Eyz and the brisket is rubbed with Dizzy Pig Cow Lick. No injection, nothing fancy, just back to the basics.

I do plan to wrap the butts with, what we refer to now as, "the old Cat Sass style", AKA "The Goodness". Which may actually be the old Brethren style, or a Trigg style. It's been so long I cant remember where it came from. I guess it's no secret anymore. The butts will get a good smear of turbinado, Parkay and Tiger. Along with that, one of the butts will get some Tones rosemary/garlic blend that I saw in Sam's yesterday. Just to test.

The brisket will just get some butter when the color is right, then cook to probe doneness.

To wrap up the day we'll take some brisket sammiches over to the local fireworks show. Gonna be a good day.

Everything is in the Carlisle box by 4 PM just as planned. Gotta love that old Bandera; it's a butt cookin machine!

If the aroma is any indication, the rosemary/garlic butt is gonna be off the charts.

That sounds good, i just pulled a butt from my uds! Oh the smell:mrgreen:

I didn't notice till today that there's a brisket Showdown goin on. I took some pics while it was all in the Dera and I'll take some slicing pics after a 2-hour rest. Might enter the Showdown but I have no plating skills. We'll see.

Back