Church BBQ Expo

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Today a few Brethren helped me put on a free BBQ meal and BBQ Expo at my church: Hodedo, VGuilford, Doorbusters, MeanDean, and Pigboy. MokanMeathead and Jeff_in_KC loaned me their cookers to show off as well.

We fed an estimated 200 people. It was a fun day hanging with friends, cooking some BBQ, and hearing from all of the happy, well fed souls. During the meal, I did some demonstrations of things that people could do at home: ABT's, stuffed pork chop, fatties, pork tenderloin prep & chicken prep. One of the pics is of Andy (Hodedo) passing out samples of the stuffed pork chop.

For breakfast prior to church, we had fatties with biscuits for everyone. That was the biggest hit. Its funny when people experience a fattie for the first time and the've never realized that they could stuff a sausage and grill/smoke it.

Here are some pics that Doorbuster took. It was cool having these guys with me promoting BBQ: True BBQ Brethren. :eusa_clap

Attachments

• bbqexpo 001 (Medium).jpg
    bbqexpo 001 (Medium).jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 145
  • bbqexpo 003 (Medium).jpg
    bbqexpo 003 (Medium).jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 144
  • bbqexpo 005 (Medium).jpg
    bbqexpo 005 (Medium).jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 144
  • bbqexpo 006 (Medium).jpg
    bbqexpo 006 (Medium).jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 145
Nice job Todd. Looks like you and many others did a lot of work.

Todd did alot of work to pull this together.... Kudos to Todd. Great even for his Church, and BBQ.

As I posted in another thread - Todd had these folks riveted to thier seats. Prepping multiple kinds of meat and fingerfoods (ABTs) - really a great demo.

<obligatory April Fools banter> And I heard of few of them say it was the best free meal they ever had!!! :wink: Manamana!!!!!

Todd did alot of work to pull this together.... Kudos to Todd. Great even for his Church, and BBQ.

As I posted in another thread - Todd had these folks riveted to thier seats. Prepping multiple kinds of meat and fingerfoods (ABTs) - really a great demo.

<obligatory April Fools banter> And I heard of few of them say it was the best free meal they ever had!!! :wink: Manamana!!!!!

Manamana!

Looked like a great time for everyone!!!

Funny how free always tastes better.

The concession trailer in the foreground of the outside pictures is Pigboy's (Randy). The camper in the back is mine. Andy's Big Red Gator is clear in the pics as well.

Andy - I meant to put a plug in for Gator's business and forgot. Sorry. Mean Dean might get a Traeger grill sale and a catering gig out of today. That's cool. I was happy to sell a couple cases of sauce and rub. :wink:

Just glad to help out. Gotta love talkin to folks that actually want to listen to ya spout off about BBQ. Lord knows everyone around me runs when they see me coming!!

I'm glad Dean is getting some business out of it. Bobby had his signs on the cooker, so he's good.

WOW! That is one blessed congregation! Great job!

That's awesome Todd. I would have loved to come but was out of town. Count me in for the next one though. I'll definitely come out.

About 90 minutes before meal time I walk into the trailer to see MeanDean slicing brisket, Hodedo making ABT's, and PigBoy stuffing pork chops from a whole loin. I make some wise ass comment like, "Sure is nice having all of these Sous Chefs." :twisted::biggrin::tongue:

I'm tired and sore today, but still have a smile from a fun weekend.

It is good to spread the word, Amen...
ModelMaker

Back