• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

WGA (Weber Go Anywhere) pizza mod

martyleach

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I wanted to cook some pizzas on my WGA but wanted more stability in the dome temp, so time to make some changes.

WGA.jpg

I had an old pizza Que in my shed that had a big pizza stone on it. So, I cut part of it to fit in the WGA and part to go in the lid.

pizzastone.jpg

Here is the piece mounted in the lid

WGAlidmod.jpg

I lit up a chimney about half with lump. Distributed evenly in the WGA and waited for one hour.

I had a stone temp of about 600
Surfacetemp610.jpg

and a dome of 500
Dometemp500.jpg

So, I threw together a pizza with Trader Joe's dough, Italian Brats (which I was cooking on my Performer) and Artichoke hearts. You can see that I cook on a pizza screen. It gives the pizza a little separation from the hot surface.
ItalianBratandartichpizzacooking.jpg

Today, I have made 6 pizzas on that one little bit of lump. I made my first one 4-1/2 hours ago and the dome temp is still pushing 500 degrees.

AWESOME!! WGA mod successful...

The addition of the pizza stone in the lid really turned that little cooker into an oven. I just have to be patient and let it get fully up to temp.

Wish you were here today Marty...that would be an eyecatcher I'm telling you!
We did talked about you...about your handles and your comment that you couldn't make it today.:cool::thumb:

i really like the idea, great thinkin, but drilling holes in the lid just wigs me out ! but if i can find a stone, i may try that but without the lid part.:-D

Nice Marty, what did you drill the holes with?

I just used masonry bits. Started with a small hole and went to progressively larger bits so as to not chip the stone.

The hard part was actually cutting the stone. I don't have a tile cutter so I tried the masonry cutter on my Skill Saw. Melted the blade. I ended up using my die grinder/cut off tool with abrasive blades. Went through 12 blades to make 2 cuts.

Marty, you've just created possibly the best portable cooker available. I'd love to see how evenly it might slow cook. Really great heat retention from a lightweight steel cooker. Nice work!

Back