Have the day off....

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
And haven't had pizza in a while so I cooked one (or two) up for lunch.
Hiding under the cheese is onion, diced tomato, sweet sausage, and red bell pepper. 10 minutes @ 550. Next time I am going to let the stone warm up more - the bottom was not as done as the rest.
Sorry if your lunch wasn't this good...

DSC_0416.jpg

DSC_0418.jpg

DSC_0422.jpg

Kizmet making sure I am doing this correctly...

DSC_0425.jpg

Finished product...

DSC_0427.jpg

Good lookin pie. Nice lunch, huh?

I was wondering how thick that stone is? I know (or I assume) that it's a BGE accessory. I'm just wondering if the regular pizza stone that I have would work on my OTS? I know I probably can't get the high temps on it like you EGGERs do, but I'd like to try.

I only worry about cracking the stone (but I guess they're made for heat, huh?) I have 2 stones....stack 'em?

Kizmet making sure I am doing this correctly...(that was suppose to be qouted)

LOL, I have 3 dogs that check my work all the time, one dog has bbq drippings on her head all the time

thanks for the heads up on the preheating!

have a nice lunch!, looks great from here

Great looking pizza. Good thing you had your dog tied away from the grill. No my lunch was not as good

I was wondering how thick that stone is? I know (or I assume) that it's a BGE accessory. I'm just wondering if the regular pizza stone that I have would work on my OTS? I know I probably can't get the high temps on it like you EGGERs do, but I'd like to try.

I only worry about cracking the stone (but I guess they're made for heat, huh?) I have 2 stones....stack 'em?

You assume correctly - it is a BGE. I am not sure how thick it is - 1/2 in maybe? I set it on top of the platesetter using the legs that came with the Egg. In the past I sat it directly on the grate and the bottom of my pizza burned...
I have heard of thinner stones cracking - I guess it just depends on how hot you want to get your pit.

Great looking pizza. Good thing you had your dog tied away from the grill.

Oh no - she wasn't tied up - she was taking advantage of the shade. Did you notice her tounge haning out? We had just gotten done playing ball.

good looking pie just need some meat lol
The sausage and other toppings are under the cheese... I like to anchor them down!

Must have smelled as good as it looked if you had to tie Kizmet to the tree to keep him away. If I hadn't had leftovers from the weekend for lunch, I would be jealous... :wink:

beautiful photographs!

how long did you preheat the stone? i'll go at least 30 minutes, sometimes an hour if the beer is good. that was a lot of moisture in the ingredients under the cheese. maybe that contributed to the crust not how you wanted?

All these Pizzas everyone has been posting lately sure are making me hungry. Good lookin pie. Good lookin pie. I can almost tast it from here.

beautiful photographs!

how long did you preheat the stone? i'll go at least 30 minutes, sometimes an hour if the beer is good. that was a lot of moisture in the ingredients under the cheese. maybe that contributed to the crust not how you wanted?

Yeah - I think that is the deal. I only let it preheat about 10 minutes while I was putting the pies together. Need to me more patient.... but it's so hard to wait!!!!

Back