Contest Results R2-BQ Pork call @ GAB

HoDeDo

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Just wanted to thank Sled for coming out to KC for the GAB invitational!!
Had a blast with Steve and his son -- and considering he flew in, cooked on unfamiliar equipment, in the zoo that was our camp....

Despite all that (and his Achilles injury...) Wanted to re-congratulate him on an 18th place pork call!!!

Had a great time...And that chicken was better than 13th place!!!:razz:

No THANK YOU!!! At 39th place my chicken was 3X better than 13th:biggrin:

Thanks for coming Sled, enjoyed having you in our neck of the woods. Congrats on your call, under those conditions that was a 1st place.

It was great to finally meet Sled - and his son!
He talks funny, tho. ;)

Arlin

Good to see ya again, Sled & nice to meet Steven, also.

I almost forget to mention Dave, since we see him several times a year... But it is always great having Rookie'48 around! Glad you got to meet the rest of the HoDeDo core group... now you understand some of the challenges :twisted:.

Thank you for bringing the vanishing bottle of Templeton Rye! I think the cork got thrown away... must have evaporated.:icon_shy

Everyone loved the cheese too... That Garden Onion was a huge hit.
And Char... I think I can hear the "Damnit Andy' in the wind... but somehow we forgot to give you a chunk of the Smoked Velveeta that had your name on it. SORRY! :icon_devil

No THANK YOU!!! At 39th place my chicken was 3X better than 13th:biggrin:
The judges were WRONG!!! But then what do I know... I put steaksauce .... oh nevermind... going to my room again.:twisted:

With your winnings... you owe someone a chair.
Now THAT'S funny!!! Heck 1/2 my site was 6' + tall, and 350lbs! Those chairs all had it coming. Every event they make it through is borrowed time :razz:

I've decided... that Templeton stuff sucks. Sorry, but I had to declare it.

I've decided... that Templeton stuff sucks. Sorry, but I had to declare it.

I wouldn't say it sucks... I had about a third of a bottle of it during turn-ins on Sunday. Now what it does to you AFTER you drink it... that does suck! :shock:

Sled, good to see you again! Hope you make bit back soon!

We didn’t like it at our place either … well we didn’t like it in the morning.

Jeff I wish you would have taken both bottles. I was planning on keeping the other for my liquor cabinet at home. We ran out of Crown Sunday and popped the cork on the Templeton at 4:00 .. it was gone before we left the lot.

templeton.jpg

Congrats to all that got calls.

It was really nice to meet y'all this weekend! We had a ball... :eusa_clap

Good friends, good food and lots of drinks always make for a terrific weekend! I am still in shock with the fun we had this weekend! I want to thank my hard working team for the great showing this weekend!

Now, back to practicing Ribs! :icon_pissed

Back