Saturday Pron

Stratuslowrider

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Decided since the wife was out of town for the day, I would fire up the smoker. Did some chix legs, pork country ribs and to potatoes. This was my first time using all oak for fuel with only 1 chimney of kingsford blue bag charcoal. For the chicken I mixed some butter with Famous Daves Rib Rub and stuck it under the skin. Then I coated them in some olive oil and then rubbed them down with more Rib Rub and Brown sugar. The Country style ribs were coated in olive oil and then rubbed with the same rub. Smoked for a total of 5 hours, at the 4 hour mark, I coated everything with honey and then a mix of Meijer brand honey bbq sauce and thick n spicy sauce. The potatoes were smashed up with some butter, milk, garlic salt and some black pepper for some awesome potatoes. Didnt get to eat much of it, due having to be at a Halloween party, but it will be lunch today!!
IMAG0523.jpg

IMAG0521.jpg

IMAG0525.jpg

on the smoker
IMAG0526.jpg

two hours in
IMAG0527.jpg

4 hours in and sauced
IMAG0531.jpg

Done
IMAG0534.jpg

smoke ring almost all the way through.
IMAG0535.jpg

IMAG0536.jpg

IMAG0528.jpg

IMAG0529.jpg
Forgot to take pics of the chicken, it was a little dry due to a flare up on towards the end, 2 pieces were blackened pretty good, but still decent.

How is the Meijer honey and spicy sauce I was actually thinking about it. I just threw some butts on and was gonna run to meijers real quick and try to figure out which sauce combo for later. I like their regular sauce a lot for cheap store brand stuff but never tried the honey or blaze sauce. If ya see this let me know....but i have about 11 hours to decide :p

The honey sauce is okay, kraft honey is better. The blaze is awesome, just enough heat that i dont add any hot sauce. I mixed the two and it was perfect. I heated it up a little to help break down the sugar and added some rub to it as well.

IMAG0540.jpg

Breakfast this morning

thanks for the reply im heading there up in a few i wonder if 2 bottles of each will do for about 13 pounds of butt?

looks so good even bill cosby loves wants some

Attachments

• bill-cosby.gif
    bill-cosby.gif
    783.7 KB · Views: 65
Yummy

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Back