Smoker Shipped Today!!!

What an absolute beast! That thing is just gorgeous!! If you have a spare second I'd love to see some pics of the firebox and cook chamber

That looks awesome I know some people that really like his smokers I think you are going to have a lot of fun

Congratulations and good luck with the new cooker.
It's a beauty.

What do you expect. Its not just me, Read the reviews on Amazon about his book. He is a Egomaniac. I never meet the guy in person, nor would i ever want to, but how can anyone expect otherwise based on how he acts on TV, and what people think of him based on his book?

You managed to find the key words in your own statement "acts" and "TV".

He is an absolutely awesome guy in real life and nothing like the persona he created with I'm sure much coaching where you saw him on TV. I suggest not being so gullible when watching so-called "reality TV".

So far it’s holding rock solid at 255 and I’m having trouble getting over that, the fires is burning extremely clean and I believe that’s because you have a damper on each end of the pit creating tons of air flow, that may also have too much heat escaping the pit. Going to experiment a little, I know it will get up there. So far it’s like a Cadillac. There a multiple logs on in the pic and a bunch of airflow, fire is burning so clean.

When we cooked on them at his class I was super impressed with the build quality. Serious smokers! Congrats.

Cook Chamber/FB

Here you go. I love that I can control where the fire is under the cook chamber, you can create a hotter side and cooler side or keep them even. Really like the nickel chrome racks, seems like they will hold up.
What an absolute beast! That thing is just gorgeous!! If you have a spare second I'd love to see some pics of the firebox and cook chamber

Last edited:
Folks, let's keep the thread OT from here on out. All of the other off topic statements made about his personality on vs off camera have already been addressed. Bringing them back up, takes the thread off topic yet again. Let's just move forward. Thanks,
Bob

Thank you

Thank you! I could care less about his personality, I care about how this thing runs and how the class is. So far the cooker is amazing, brisket is resting, butts off in 20 min
Folks, let's keep the thread OT from here on out. All of the other off topic statements made about his personality on vs off camera have already been addressed. Bringing them back up, takes the thread off topic yet again. Let's just move forward. Thanks,
Bob

Last edited:
Matt your cook is looking awesome with that mahogany color on the butts and brisket you really nailed it with some impressive results!

Are you satisfied with it? I'd love to see some pics of those butts just as your starting to pull them to see what the bark looks like when opened up.

So with that design you can really run it as a charcoal cooker with wood chunks or as a full on stick burner, right?

Makes it easy having the float valve and hose hook up to keep it in water.

Awesome cooker, Matt. I am sure you will produce great stuff on it for years to come.

Bark

Unfortunately it got so hectic with the kids and wife pics took a backseat but here’s a pick of the money muscle after I dipped It in juice, you can see the bark in the background on the butt. I’ll say the Bark was just as pronounced as any offset I’ve used but was incredibly juicy. The bark wasn’t mushy like I would associate with a water pan, it seems to be the best of both worlds right now. So far I’m thrilled and it ran like a dream.
Matt your cook is looking awesome with that mahogany color on the butts and brisket you really nailed it with some impressive results!

Are you satisfied with it? I'd love to see some pics of those butts just as your starting to pull them to see what the bark looks like when opened up.

Last edited:
Perfect bark, exactly what I was curious about that is outstanding!

We kicked around the idea of ordering one of these in a certified 72 unit last year, and I still want one but need to come up with a way to handle the waste water and pressurized supply for winter use.

Thanks for the pic Matt, look forward to hearing more as you get to spend time with it.

Congrats and love the look of the cooker. At the end of the cook, how do you dispose of the water? Is there extensive clean up involved after water removal?

Cleanup

Cleanup was easy, I have a large drain right by the smoker so I rolled it over and opened up the valve. I cooked on the top rack with a pan on the second so the water wouldn’t be filthy, opened up the valve and then drained it in a couple minutes, wiped water pan down and done. Maybe a five minute cleanup.
Congrats and love the look of the cooker. At the end of the cook, how do you dispose of the water? Is there extensive clean up involved after water removal?

Bark

Honestly the bark looked and had the exact same texture as the SF and the Jambo Backyard that I’ve owned. It surprised me because I expected less and was prepared to adjust but I ran a simple rub of killer hog the bbq rub plus coarse pepper and kosher salt. If I would have gone pure Texas style it would have been like black grit sandpaper bark which I love but I’m prepping for comps and that mahogany is the move.
Perfect bark, exactly what I was curious about that is outstanding!

We kicked around the idea of ordering one of these in a certified 72 unit last year, and I still want one but need to come up with a way to handle the waste water and pressurized supply for winter use.

Thanks for the pic Matt, look forward to hearing more as you get to spend time with it.

Back