Catering an outdoor wedding and it might rain

Marsha, all i can do is try to make you feel better......

Were vending tomorrow for hopefully 300 or so.

Temp is suppost to be 28* with 30 MPH gusts! :shock:

Good luck and hope you stay dry. :biggrin:

Me hopes you bring a heater :shock:

Marsha, all i can do is try to make you feel better......
Were vending tomorrow for hopefully 300 or so.
Temp is suppost to be 28* with 30 MPH gusts! :shock:
Good luck and hope you stay dry. :biggrin:

Ohmigosh, are you serving and/or cooking outdoors? I do know we are spoiled here by fairly good weather year round. Stay warm!

Good luck on your wedding, Marsha! Try and take a pic or two:rolleyes:
I am charging the camera as we speak!

Temp at serving time last night was 30. Nice and breezy as well. Pretty sweet standing at the pit and prepping in the trailer! All worked out, and the chicken wings were my best ever.....40 pounds dusted with plowboys and smoked 2 hours then glazed with Blues Hog and Sticky Pig blend, smoked another hour.

Temp at serving time last night was 30. Nice and breezy as well. Pretty sweet standing at the pit and prepping in the trailer! All worked out, and the chicken wings were my best ever.....40 pounds dusted with plowboys and smoked 2 hours then glazed with Blues Hog and Sticky Pig blend, smoked another hour.

Those sound like some delicious wings. They'd be perfect for watching football today. :wink:

First off, we have the best crew ever working with us. They are both hard-working and creative. I can't tell you now many times I have asked them to do something or make something and they do an even better job than I could hope for!
BestCrewEver_Dec2008.jpg

Buffet4_Dec2008.jpg

Salads
Buffet8_Dec2008.jpg

VeggiePasta_Dec2008.jpg

More stuff
Buffet2_Dec2008.jpg

Buffet7_Dec2008.jpg

SalsaChips_Dec2008.jpg

Here is our friend Bill, grilling linguica on the back of the pickup and my hubby, Steve, in the foreground. Notice the folding chair... yeah, wishful thinking cuz nobody had time for sitting.
BillSteve.jpg

We served smoked tri-tip beef, linguica, bbq beans, spring green salad, veggie pasta salad, garlic bread and Steve's fresh salsa and chips. Oh, and we did two packages of beef hot dogs for the small children and mostly adults ended up eating the hot dogs. LOL

Of course many had never tried smoked trip tip, and loved it. Also popular was the linguica we bought from a local meat market who makes great sausages.

Sadly, I never end up getting a photo of the meat itself because we do not put it in the chafing dishes until just as we are ready to serve and then I am too busy to take photos. :shock:

Our bbq trailer
bbqtrailer.jpg

Absolutely beautiful tablescapes, Marsha! I love the vegetation under the chafers and enjoyed the angles you gave them!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Absolutely beautiful tablescapes, Marsha! I love the vegetation under the chafers and enjoyed the angles you gave them!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Why thank you very much, BBS! I looked at photos of our first catering job and realized how awful it looked with the chafing dishes all lined up straight and boring looking. The angled chafers look better, IMO. And I like the look with the ferns (leather leaf) around the table. Nice greenery goes with just about everything. Some tablescapes you want the fluffed linens, but this was a 'country' wedding so I thought the leather leaf was the way to go. It also helps that one of my crew works during the week for her family owned wholesale nursery and gives me a great deal on it. ;)

Really a great job Marsha! Gotta make sure MrsMista sees this!

Great looking set up
LOL We have a couple of
weddings booked I guess
I will need to up grade our look
:)

Really a great job Marsha! Gotta make sure MrsMista sees this!
Thank you very much! As I have said before, that is one of the most fun parts of the job... decorating. :smile:

Great looking set up
LOL We have a couple of
weddings booked I guess
I will need to up grade our look
:)
It's kind of fun to be creative and just like with bbq comps it definitely helps to have an attractive presentation. :cool:

Thank you Marsha for the pics. You, BBS and Funkaramque are great sources for so many things. I learn and improve everytime one of you post something.

I couldn't agree more!!!

Thank you Marsha for the pics. You, BBS and Funkaramque are great sources for so many things. I learn and improve everytime one of you post something.

I'm constantly 'Up-Grading' my skill set just watching you guys!

Great job Marsha! I have learned so much in the details watching members like yourself!
Thanks for posting all you do! :biggrin:

Thank you very much. It means a lot coming from you!

I couldn't agree more!!!

I'm constantly 'Up-Grading' my skill set just watching you guys!
I learn something new about this stuff every day from looking for catering websites to review.

Great job Marsha! I have learned so much in the details watching members like yourself!
Thanks for posting all you do! :biggrin:
Thank you so much. It's a lot of fun to share!

Marsha,

Wonderful job on the presentation. My wife and I have been working on our presentation, I think it makes a huge difference. I agree with Bigmista from another post, I learn a lot when I visit this site. I take a lot in and try to utilize some of it in what I do.

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing the pictures.

Back