Hard 8 - Dallas (Coppell) Texas

bbqstudio

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Whether it’s the fact that I’m jaded about really good BBQ – I have lived in Dallas, TX / Charlotte, NC and several stops in Florida as well as have extensive travel under my belt which leads me to try BBQ from many different regions and genre’s it takes a lot for me to get excited about a new stop.

One caveat to this is I was already full from appetizers and a few Shiners while we were having this conversation so I didn’t expect to order much … I also will say I wasn’t expecting this so I didn’t have a good camera with me only a camera phone so they are not the greatest pictures in the world.​

http://nicktoday.com/hard-8-bbq-coppell-tx/

Thanks! It'd be nice if you copy the whole review in the post, but not a problem. I've heard great things and bad things from different people about Hard 8. I haven't been there, but your review makes me want to get it a try. Thanks for posting.

I have only been to the one in Stephenville. There is a runway across the street, and we landed their for lunch when I was doing an airplane shoot.

I thought the que was pretty good. I have not been to the newer locations. I always wonder if they will match the original when these BBQ joints expand.

Maybe we need to have a DFW brethren bash there and grade the que. :thumb:

CD

They were having a Jeep convention at Hard 8 the night I was there and there had to be at least 100 jeeps (mostly CJs) in and around the parking lot!!!

Meat was moist and tender (both pork and brisket) and I was duly impressed! Great little Q-joint!

I've been there twice on business trips and have to be honest, outside of the atmosphere it's not that great and way overpriced IMHO. The spare ribs over-smoked and tuff as a mule. Maybe I went on bad days, who knows? That being said- the atmosphere was awesome and I love how they serve your food right off the holding pit.

Back