stubbs charcoal briquettes???

D

dudz

I have been researching on these stubbs natural charcoal briquettes. The more I look into them the more confused I get. From people who use them how do they compare to lump as far as Ash produced and taste on food?Will they still choke out a fire like kingsford does after long burns.

Love the stubbs. No comparison to any of the kingsford varieties (IMO).

I am mostly worried about ash build-up, and if it has any weird taste

No need to worry with stubbs. The binder is a vegetable binder I think and is minimal. Ash build up has never been a problem.

Ok sounds great..but some people say it produces simmilar ash as kingsford...or is it more like lump

It looks like stubbs ash , hehehe !! seriously just try it you will like it.

was wondering the same thing. I never even knew stubbs did charcoal untill I went to lowes tonight to pick up a 22.5" grate and they had a whole pallet of it.

Stubbs is the worse charcoal I have ever tried. It sparks like the 4th of July for the entire burn, has a bad odor, and makes the food taste like crap. If you buy 2 bags you get to take one back for a refund.

I luv Stubb's marinade and the bbg sauce, The previouse post is BUNK!!

get it while you can-

My buddy manages a Lowes I asked him about their carrying it, and the rumblings on many boards it is not being stocked up anymore up here. He said that they are losing the chips, but the charcoal is staying around, just a smaller amount of shelf space, as another brand is buying more space.

Been using Stubb's briqs for 3-4 months now. No problems. Burns hot, minimum ash, no off taste or smell. Good stuff.

some say its bad..some say good...I just want my fire more consistant than with lump but still with the clean burn, and little ash...

some say its bad..some say good...I just want my fire more consistant than with lump but still with the clean burn, and little ash...
So does everyone in the BBQ world,That's the trade off of briq vs lump.I would love to find one too.Not all brands are carried all over.I just bought 2 bags of Maple Leaf briq's and am trying it.Their lump is one of the best so I thought there briq's must be good too.

Back